View Poll Results: Abortion. Where do you land?

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • Abortion is murder

57 31.15%
  • Women should have the right to choose

34 18.58%
  • Abortion should only be allowed in medical or criminal cases

92 50.27%
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Abortion. Where do you fall?

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    I wanna compare it as both being an unwanted pregnancy.
    Absolutely agree. One was decided upon by both parties, and therefore has a right to life.

The other also has a right to life, and should be cared for. I still think the mother has a right to abort that pregnancy.

I'll hand it to you, mudflap, you have absolutely made me think about babies being conceived out of rape. I know they are a life that God has created, and are fearfully and wonderfully made. I am starting to lean towards being a 100%er.
    Last edited by Moonlight Hunter; 09-06-2018 at 08:55 PM.

Don't forget zygotes conceived in a test tube, a living zygote, DNA material, when given a womb can results in a baby.
    Low country redneck who moved north

Don't forget zygotes conceived in a test tube, a living zygote, DNA material, when given a womb can results in a baby.
    That's right. Just like I've said a few times you have brought this example up, creating life and ending it is wrong.

But by your 100% ism, if Mike Tyson were to rape my daughter, she should raise it even though it's unwanted? USMC, the dick he is some say, takes it a little further, what if that same pregnancy has been deemed to so deformed that it can't live outside the womb, the mother is forced to carry it to full term.
    Last edited by mudflat; 09-06-2018 at 09:31 PM.

As I said before, I hope nobody has to make that choice, but I feel it should be their choice, and if they do, their sin is no worse than yours or mine.

But by your 100% ismI'm not 100%, but leaning that way, if Mike Tyson were to rape my daughter, she should raise it even though it's unwanted?I believe a mother has a right to abort this pregnancy(rape) USMC, the dick he is some say, takes it a little further, what if that same pregnancy has been deemed to so deformed that it can't live outside the womb, the mother is forced to carry it to full term.I believe she would have the choice to terminate it.
    I don't know if you have a daughter, and I don't care to know. But in your example, would you take her, or even pay, for that abortion?

I also don't believe a baby should be aborted based solely on physical deformation or mental retardation.

I don't morally agree with it, but who am I to determine what someone does? Gov. should not be involved with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Free will is a great thing, but does that mean we shouldn't encourage those around us?

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    I don't lean to the left on any matter except for this.

And...my stance is by no way political, and I would never consider it in any way, shape, or form ever a "political" decision.

I am, for the most part, done with this. Neither of us are going to change anyone's minds on this.

I made my bed; I'll lie in it.

The joy of a child's innocent, unguarded laughter is a sweet thing. That child should be granted that opportunity on a daily basis, for every year they are under their parents' roof. To deny a child that is to deny them the joy of being alive....

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk
    I am not reading 18 pages. I will tell you, however, that you are wrong. None of us- child or otherwise- are entitled to unguarded laughter and happiness. Adam and Eve fixed that. You have an unrealistic view of life my friend- childhood or otherwise.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    I am not reading 18 pages. I will tell you, however, that you are wrong. None of us- child or otherwise- are entitled to unguarded laughter and happiness. Adam and Eve fixed that. You have an unrealistic view of life my friend- childhood or otherwise.
    We(mostly me, and I'm not proud of it) spent 18 pages trying to convince him of that. The world is a fucked up place, and just because there is evil in the world doesn't mean you can fix that problem with more evil.

Quote Originally Posted by jevans View Post
    You are a dick. Period. Whatever bullshit argument you can propose from this point on will not change the fact that you’re a dick. FU
    Thanks bro. The fact that you decide to turn to personal insults just reinstates your lack of ability to hold an intellectual conversation and possibly try to understand another person's insight.

I'm better than that, sinner. LOL

Are you not supposed to "love thy neighbor as thy self"? Mark 12:31

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Thanks bro. The fact that you decide to turn to personal insults just reinstates your lack of ability to hold an intellectual conversation and possibly try to understand another person's insight.

I'm better than that, sinner. LOL

Are you not supposed to "love thy neighbor as thy self"? Mark 12:31

The fact that they’re insults, doesn’t mean they’re not true. I woke up this morning feeling the exact same way about you as I did when I went bed.

I also think it’s ironic that you picked that Bible verse to try to prove a point with. Soldier on bro
    Last edited by jevans; 09-07-2018 at 06:15 AM.

The fact that they’re insults, doesn’t mean they’re not true. I woke up this morning feeling the exact same way about you as I did when I went bed.

I also think it’s ironic that you picked that Bible verse to try to prove a point with. Soldier on bro
    Do you REALLY think I care about the way you feel about me? You, sir, are but a spec of insignificant dust, riding along another insignificant spec in a vast universe that is forever expanding; a universe so large that most people can't even conceptually grasp the size.

Again - sit upon your horse. Be bitter. I don't care.

I'll listen and respect most people's argument on just about anything. I'm tolerant. I'm also a realist.

Oh, and one last thing - I am saved. I grew up in Sunday school, , church, VBS, mission trips across the world, and all sorts of other religious affiliated events.

I can believe in being pro-choice, just as easily as other folks can support the death penalty, assisted suicide, etc.

However, thank you for your concern, Brother.

Another point to raise - didn't most of y'all wanna turn the "sandbox" into glass after 9/11? "Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out" mentality?

Yup - killing is just fine when it supports an agenda.

I’m just glad I don’t have to look at my kids thinking I possibly would have aborted them had I known they were retarded, had a deformity, or some sort of handicap

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelyeller View Post
    I dont normally weigh in on these issues . This hits me right between the eyes !! I have two beautiful boys 19 and 12 and an awesome wife . 13 years ago I was a wild POS but married . My wife and I were headed for divorce fast ! I stayed in bars playing music and chasing women . My wife got pregnant . We decided to have an abortion ( selfish and embarrasing ) . The day came and I went with her ( we never could shake our friendship ). WE sat in the parking lot for hours before trying to go in . On our way in we had to walk through protestors . Something came over me and I dropped to my knees sobbing and begged my wife and God to forgive me . He did and she did . My son knows nothing of this but we always tell him he saved this family . I pray the Holy Spirit jumps on somebody the way he jumped on me . I suck at writing so please overlook that part . I dont judge folks , thats up to God but I cant feel any other way . Its wrong .
    Most honest post i have ever read, Thanks for sharing and God Bless you and your family

I’m just glad I don’t have to look at my kids thinking I possibly would have aborted them had I known they were retarded, had a deformity, or some sort of handicap
    Yup. Me, too.

We lost our first one. Or, should I say, she did.

God's plan or biology?

Another point, because some folks may have trouble understanding what actually happens inside a pregnant lady:

"After the*egg*attaches to the uterus, some cells*become*the placenta while othersbecome*the*embryo. The heart begins beating during week 5. The brain, spinal cord, heart, and other organs are beginning to form. At the eighth week the developing baby, now called a fetus, is well over a half-inch long -- and growing."

Again, I'll stand by the idea that a "child" is not being murdered until several weeks after conception.