Thread: Atlanta braves tickets and such

Default Atlanta braves tickets and such

my boys are hounding me to go to a major league ball game. seeing as how we aren't going to Boston to see the Sox (their favorite team), i need some ATL info.

where can i get good seats for cheap? what is the best place to sit? is the outfield too hard for them to see the game? seems like a neat place to sit and watch BP. if not, is the first base line behind the dugout cost-prohibitive?

where can we stay near the ballpark?

Also, since I am not a big fan of atlanta, or any city bigger than columbia, what else can we do and A) not spend a fortune, B) not get lost, and C) have fun?

is the aquariuim worth it? what else can 7 year olds do in atlanta that is cool?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

The aquarium is the real deal. Worth it. Six Flags, Cyclorama (sp? old civil war museum). Plenty to do. Planning on taking Simple Mans daughters boyfried for a two fer trip. He's nuts about trains and they have that Thomas section at six flags.

Ball game one day, Six Flags the next.

2th, been a Braves fan my whole life, and got the chance to finally go to a game last season. They lost.. go figure. Anyways, we sat in section 129 "Field Level", great seats down the 1st base line, and if I remember correctly, they're relatively inexpensive.
    "Vis pacem - para bellum" If you want peace be ready for the war.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

Do the aquarium for sure. Maybe Coca-cola?? Hell its right across the street from the aquarium, but beware: if its on a weekend, don't do the aquarium. YOu will be packed in there worse than sardines..no lie. As for the other stuff let me do some checking.
    At least I'm housebroken.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Definitely take the boys to "The Varsity" for a burger or dog and onion rings. I would suggest getting dugouts seats for the first time. You can get there early and watch bp in the left field seats. I think dug out seats are about 48 per. I have a buddy that gets season tix if you want me to check on em. Give me the date. Also, eat your main meal b/4 the ball park. Lots to see and do at Turner field. I go 2+ times a year. I would pic a night game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Also, the Gold club closed a few years back. I am not sure they will let the boys in the cheetah.

Painted Pony its at. I'm just sayin...
    At least I'm housebroken.

Of the many times I've been to Turner field I've always sat just up behind 3rd base. Use to could get seats in the club level but lost that connection or other wise I could have gotten you tickets. No game is "cheap" be prepaired to drop some coin to go to a game! I went through 50 bucks in a matter of 3 minutes. It is fun though!
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Go for the good seats.

I had an ant farm once......them fellas didn't grow shit.

Right on nutz. Don't get tight on the first ball game. That will make memories forever.

can I borrow a couple hundy for nice seats, Art?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

2th the aquirairum is well worth it! I tool my little one there last summer while we were in Atl for a wedding and he loved it! Plan on half a day to get through it though!

The best place to sit IMO is on the 1st or 3rd base line between the dugout and the ball boy down the line at field level. You can see everything from there. We have tickets on the first base side and are great but if I were you I would sit on the 3rd base line(especially if its a night game) . Reason I say this is because the sun sets behind the 3rd base line so you will be in the shade the whole time which makes it about 20 degrees cooler. Also you cant see very good on the 1st base side for the first couple of innings due to the sun.