Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tom Brady is a better man than I am (duh but...)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    I can't imagine what Big Tim (my dad) would have done if someone in the neighborhood had "punished" me...
    I know exactly what my dad would've done. He would've beat my ass until I had snot running out of my nose. And his two reasons for it would be because I acted like an idiot at someone else's house, and because I embarrassed him by acting like an idiot at someone else's house.
    Last edited by fuzzy; 01-30-2018 at 05:19 PM.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

I also tell other parents when I drop my girls off that I have an extra belt in the truck if they need it. My girls always assure me that it will not be needed.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    I don't want what the "village" has become to be the ones raising my child
    Not singling you out, but if I don't trust someone enough to deliver judicious and appropriate punishment to my children when they need it (and they do need it) then I don't trust them enough to leave my kids under their care in the first place. If I don't trust the village fully, I don't trust them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SCSwitchback View Post
    Not singling you out, but if I don't trust someone enough to deliver judicious and appropriate punishment to my children when they need it (and they do need it) then I don't trust them enough to leave my kids under their care in the first place. If I don't trust the village fully, I don't trust them at all.
    I don't blame you. Most adults don't do discipline right, or they don't do it for the right reasons. If you don't share the same values with the other potential disciplinarians, then you may be sending mixed signals to your kids, which can be even worse. Inconsistent discipline is almost as bad as no discipline. That being said, I trust myself, and I have no problem beating your kids if you need me to.

* I sure hope that my spelling and grammar was up to the site standards and protocol. I know that it will be checked, and that the integrity of scducks.com depends on every post being well articulated.