Thread: Parker's Watefowl

Default Parker's Watefowl

Anyone have any experience with this outfit? Reviews and other suggestions for the barrier islands welcome.

http://parkerswaterfowl.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    **2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion**

Genesis 27:3

I’ve never hunted with Parker’s, but I have hunted a lot all up and down the Outer Banks over the years. It’s hit or miss. Blinds are 500 yards apart and if the ducks are flying by this blind and not your’s, too bad. A lot of good ducks get shot up there, but Buffleheads take a pounding. I’ve never heard anything bad about Parker’s. Just no personal experience dealing with them.

Bear is spot on. If you are in the right blind, it is flat out awesome. If not, oh well. Had some great hunts up there though
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Outer Banks is the most entertaining duck hunting in the southeast imo. Give this guy a look, I know he shoots a lot and he's got some good prices.
    http://northstateguide.com/

Quote Originally Posted by KwackSmacker View Post
    Outer Banks is the most entertaining duck hunting in the southeast imo. Give this guy a look, I know he shoots a lot and he's got some good prices.
    http://northstateguide.com/
    you think so..? I've never been, my brother goes and enjoys it, I'm asked by different folks a few times a year id care to go, i just don't care much for sitting out in the broad open, shooting flyby ducks, or decoying buffs...the whole thing just doesn't appeal to me...maybe ill take them up on the invite one day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    SCducks is not checkers, it's chess.

Quote Originally Posted by scswamprat View Post
    you think so..? I've never been, my brother goes and enjoys it, I'm asked by different folks a few times a year id care to go, i just don't care much for sitting out in the broad open, shooting flyby ducks, or decoying buffs...the whole thing just doesn't appeal to me...maybe ill take them up on the invite one day.
    I mean to each their own. It's just something very different, and you can shoot some good shit. It's more of the adventure that makes me enjoy it I guess. Imo its a bucketlist hunt if you get hooked up with the right person.

I’ve shot over 20 species of Waterfowl on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Shot way more Pintail than I have Mallards up there. Shot more Buffleheads than anything. Those open water blinds can surprise you. Shot a bunch of Buffleheads and Redheads out of an open water blind that just a few days prior, a guy shot a nice American Wigeon, Eurasian Wigeon and Storm Wigeon. It’s like hunting anywhere, it is hunting. Right place, right time. Catch a good front moving in with a wind out the north, and you’ll more than likely kill some good birds.

I've had a buddy kill some goldeneye on the banks as well. Lile what BEAR said, they got literally everything out there

I went with Parkers 3 seasons ago. We had fun. Two days we didn't shoot a lot and then one day we had a fine morning. Redheads, bluebills, widgeon, gadwalls and a scoter. As others have said, it's hunting so there's no telling what will happen. The day we all limited, we literally watched 10-15k redheads move into the sound. It was crazy.