Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: School Me On 12ga Autos

I don’t know anything about the new Super X3s but if they are anything like the Super X2, I might take a look at those too.

SBE2 has a much slimmer forearm than gas guns. Along with a nice view down the barrel.
    I retired a smooth, sweet shooting 1100 when I bought the benelli.

If you can shoot the benelli and the beretta before you buy I think it would be wise. I prefer the beretta. I shot the new benelli (SBE 3?) recently and after a few shells I was missing my beretta a400. There is nothing bad about the benelli, I just didn't like the inertia driven feel. I'm sure I could get used to it, but berettas tend to fit me better

SBE2 has a much slimmer forearm than gas guns. Along with a nice view down the barrel.
    I retired a smooth, sweet shooting 1100 when I bought the benelli.

I absolutely cannot tear up my SBE2. I'm with DM1 on this.

Bought a Beretta A400 20 gauge last season, and have only shot it a few times. Great feeling gun, but when it comes down to my primary gun, to hunt everything, it's the Benelli for sure.
    Someone mentioned the M2 in the TP and that's certainly a great option!

M2 is a very nice gun.

I'm a bulkier fella with large forearms and hands. I've owned them all, but my extrema 2s just fit me the way I need. Ive owned them all, now the sbes are what others are stating, just the skinnier frames are not ergo to my frame like my bulky berettas.
    Last edited by dhall1693; 11-11-2017 at 11:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

Tell you what...if I were buying a new shotgun any time soon, I'd give some consideration to a Franchi Infinity. It's inertia driven and a nice looking weapon. I held/shouldered one not long ago and it felt very nice. I doubt that I will ever give up my Benellis, but I may get the Franchi just to have one.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

M2- no need for the 3.5!

Quote Originally Posted by dhall1693 View Post
    I'm a bulkier fella with large forearms and hands. I've owned them all, but my extrema 2s just fit me the way I need. Ive owned them all, now the sbes are what others are stating, just the skinnier frames are not ergo to my frame like my bulky berettas.
    This right here, except I went Sx3 about 3 duck seasons ago due to it being a smaller frame gun. I don't like the bulk of the Extrema. Super easy to clean, points very similar to SBE2, shoots 3 1/2 and I can honestly say I have never had a jam in the dove field or duck blind. (I don't clean my gun as much as I should.) If anything, it slings the hulls to far and makes picking them up a pain.

You don't have to pick your hulls up, Toof will just disc them under next spring.

Stick to the 3 Bs. Beretta, Benelli and Browning. I will also add Winchester. I personally shoot Benellis and older Remingtons . I have only had my Benelli M1 jam once and that was after I fell and dunked it in the mud on the bottom of the pond. It jammed once and I dunked it in the water. Then I started back shooting.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Yeah, they only fixed the "Jaminelli" problem with the M1 back in 1998 or so. Most rabid duck hunters I know, including me, have a safe full of Beretta and Benelli shotguns. I rarely see the former in the field. They just don't hold a candle in the muck and mire...

Browning maxus. Reliable, gas driven (soft recoil), barrel won't "bulge" like those Benellis do with steel shot. Only weighs 7 pounds, has a slim forend, and will cycle stout 3.5" shells all the way to light 3/4 oz reloads. Don't punish yourself with an inertia driven gun.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Thanks for all the info. I'll see what I can "try on for size" at a few stores.

Most likely, I'll be patient and look for something lightly used. The idea of spending an ass of money on a scattergun doesn't sit too well (only because my 870 has done everything I've ever asked of it). However, "moving up" would be nice...

In autos, I am a 391 Urika lover. I can't buy into the thought of a three and a half inch shell.

Keep the pump and buy Colt a semi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Thanks for all the info. I'll see what I can "try on for size" at a few stores.

Most likely, I'll be patient and look for something lightly used. The idea of spending an ass of money on a scattergun doesn't sit too well (only because my 870 has done everything I've ever asked of it). However, "moving up" would be nice...
    If any of us had good sense we’d all be shooting 870s. True workhorse. I grew up on one
    80-20 Genaration

get a gently used M1 super 90 H&K stamped and never look back

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Yeah, they only fixed the "Jaminelli" problem with the M1 back in 1998 or so. Most rabid duck hunters I know, including me, have a safe full of Beretta and Benelli shotguns. I rarely see the former in the field. They just don't hold a candle in the muck and mire...
    the jaminelli is user caused