Thread: piece of fucking shit

Default piece of fucking shit

My POS motor runs good but the prop ain't turning. It was but now it aint, there is fluid in the foot and I cannot find any metal shavings in it. I crunk it up to get ready for the bream tourney and she needed a little ethier motivation after the brief fire was put out I fired her back up and the fucking prop aint turning. It spins freely when the motor is in gear so...

anybody wanna tell me how bad I am fucked, or should I let "boatman" tell me???
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Default Try this.

console or tiller. start with the linkage. i have seen the bolts back out of johnsons shifting rod and that happened.

Sounds like a linkage issue to me, absent any other things like weird noise, water in the oil etc.

Tiller, Mercury 25 blackMAX. checked the linkage and it's jiving, but I did find out what caused the fire. There is a leak from the carb or a line under the carb. Boatman gets the motherfucker tomorrow
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Camo my boat did the same thing while on the lake last year. I am not a master on boat motors by any means so I cant tell you exactly what it is called but in the middle of the propeller on my boat there is a rubber gasket thing built on so when you hit a stump or the bottom ect. the prop will slip so that it does not get ripped off or broke or screw up linkage. They will dry rot over time and break apart thats what mine did. Could be that so check and see if it is the same. Aint delt with many motors but mine so this could be common in props or different.
    Last edited by duckiller; 05-11-2008 at 07:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Lazy is not a virtue of a duck hunter.

you're talkin bout the hub that holds the prop in place instead of a shear pin....I don't thnk its that.
    xHCFKx

I'd like to thank my dad for coming, and my mom for being there...

You're so fucked I'll sell you my old 25 Evinrude and even help you put the mf'er on your boat!
    Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
    H. L. Mencken

I agree with Duckiller!! I had a 15 hp Mariner that was running great one day and the very next day I left the landing with no problems. When it was time to return motor did like it was suppose to do but boat would not go anywhere. I managed to get back to truck just a short troll later. Got home took prop off and had the rubber seal pressed back in, and I was ready to go just a few days later.

judging from the thread title, I thought this was about Mercury's and Cheverolet's