Thread: Sportsman's Devotional 10/103

Default Sportsman's Devotional 10/103

Bible Study Verses
    John 15:1-2
    "I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit." (NKJV)

Thoughts
    When God changes a person's heart, we sometimes call it "regeneration". In nature, that's a biological term. In Christian theology, it's a term that refers to the new birth and life in Christ.

Antlered game animals shed their antlers and regenerate a new set each year. As long as they stay healthy and well fed, they usually grow a larger set until the animal is fully mature. In a similar way, God wants us to shed the things we don't need, bad habits, wrong attitudes and other sins in order to give us better things that build Christian character.

Although we sometimes tend to cling to the old things, that makes no more sense than a deer holding onto its antlers. Something bigger and better is in store for him after he sheds last year's. Something better is in store for us, too. Abiding in Christ enables us to continually replace those habits and attitudes that are not pleasing to God with something new and better.

As we abide in Christ, the vine, God works to rid us of our old character and develop the fruits of Christlike character in us
    (Steve S)

Action Point
    Ask God to point out to you the things that He wants you to shed. Be willing to change; and expect something better to replace those things.
    Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
    Get into your hunting area as the winter snows melt before Spring green-up and look for antlers that deer have shed. Look in feeding and bedding areas, and the routes between the two. When you find an antler, you know the buck that carried it is likely to be around for another season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks , just what I needed at the right time!!!

Thanks, that was good stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I keyed in on:

God wants us to shed the things we don't need, bad habits, wrong attitudes and other sins in order to give us better things that build Christian character.

Although we sometimes tend to cling to the old things, that makes no more sense than a deer holding onto its antlers.
    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft