Thread: Nichols, SC- Strip Boats

Default Nichols, SC- Strip Boats

Anybody know anything about the stripboats displayed in the store window in Nichols? Who makes em? How much they sale em for? BB, you got any info since thats your neck of the woods? Thanks in advance.

MrPDQ
    MrPeeDeeQuack
    "be what you is, cause if you be what you ain't, you aint what you is!"

I'll bet they ain't cheap, that guy has been making strip boats as long as I can remember, my dad was buying his strip boats from over there when I was a kid. My dad had a 14' or close to that, w/ a 50 Merc on it!

That sucker would fly! Strip Boats w/ big motors was the thing before folks started running the Fast Craft boats.
    [COLOR=darkgreen][B]"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke [/B][/COLOR]
    [B][COLOR=#006400][/COLOR][/B]
    [B][COLOR=#006400]"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" George Orwell[/COLOR][/B]

They still are...there's not a finer boat to run the upper part of the Waccamaw.

I bet you Bigbrother knows. That is his home turf.
    Your riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels.

SCTIMBER Coots

They are no longer being made. There is a warehouse on a side street behind that display. They still have many of the models in storage that are for sale. Some have been sitting in there since the early 90's, I believe.

I don't know if there is someone there everyday but you'll just have to go by and check. They are nice boats.

The prices have not changed, or hadn't the last time I was in there.
    Last edited by SCTIMBER; 05-10-2008 at 10:00 AM.

Lumber River Strip boats.

If you want to buy one, stop by Battle Oil or Nichols Farm Supply. I cant quite remember who sells them now. I do know the Farm Supply used to.

Be ready to come off some money.

PD, I know a fella that has one almost complete, if you make him a offer, he may sell it to you. It just needs the glass work done...a favor I was supposed to do for him for a month or two now...

It was made to handle a 60...but can you?
    Last edited by BigBrother; 05-10-2008 at 10:51 AM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I can tell ya.....PROLLY NOT
    Quote Originally Posted by dfasano View Post
    Don't speak for all of us.....stupid son a of a bitch (Dabo Swinney) needs to be spending his free time learning to coach instead of coming up with gay ass sayings.

what do they sell for, i got a 25 merc that i aint using that would be perfect on one. My wife is from around that way and i might have to go check one out next time we go see the inlaws.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Lainer Boats in Tabor City NC ( just across the NC / SC line) north of Loris is still making them. I recall seeing in a local newspaper eariler this year they were selling them in kits. They would send you all the pieces with directions and you would assemble it.

SCTIMBER Coots

Quote Originally Posted by duckplucker View Post
    Lainer Boats in Tabor City NC ( just across the NC / SC line) north of Loris is still making them. I recall seeing in a local newspaper eariler this year they were selling them in kits. They would send you all the pieces with directions and you would assemble it.

Is this the same guy that was making/selling fiberglass one and two man boats? I met a guy around Sandy Plain years ago that was making them.

And big Jon gotta come in and drop his 2 pennies........Thanks for the help J. how bout answer your phone dukhntr....i told you the s%^& talking will stop when you do.
    MrPeeDeeQuack
    "be what you is, cause if you be what you ain't, you aint what you is!"

Quote Originally Posted by SCTIMBER View Post
    Is this the same guy that was making/selling fiberglass one and two man boats? I met a guy around Sandy Plain years ago that was making them.
    Don't "quote" me but I think so. Seems like they had a sign just past Sandy Plain going toward Pireway on the right hand side of the road.

there use to be a guy by the name of willard something, but i think he pasted a few years back. you could ask the locals if it is a willard boats or not. if it is, it's the best.

His name was Evon Willard. He was definately the best around. His son, Joe, was going to keep it going, but I guess he lost interest. If you can find an "Willard Strip Boat" for sale, buy it. Even if it needs to be re-glassed.

Mr. PDQ,
    I haven't screened one of your calls in a while now. I tried to come see you Sunday, but the gate was locked.
    Quote Originally Posted by dfasano View Post
    Don't speak for all of us.....stupid son a of a bitch (Dabo Swinney) needs to be spending his free time learning to coach instead of coming up with gay ass sayings.