Thread: Herbicide help

Default Herbicide help

I have a good stand of bermuda going in my front yard, but have some big patches of buffalo grass/ crab grass/ bahia grass/ carpet grass.

Is there anything I can spray to kill the grasses mentioned above without killing the bermuda?

Please dont throw out guesses, I dont want to ruin my bermuda that Ive worked so hard on

Thanks
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

MSMA
    and mow more

just a guess
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I have used MSM Turf on my bermuda with no issues. It will work on Bahia grass, but will need multiple treatments. It won't do anything to the crab grass. I'm not sure about the buffalo and carpet grass. It will also keep most all your broadleaf weeds in check, which is more of my focus.

But here is a link to the label.

https://www.doyourownpestcontrol.com...cide_label.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    MSMA
    and mow more

just a guess
    Asshole. But I like you......I must be a terrible judge of character.

I have been mowing alot, its gonna take some extra umpphhh
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

hey. easy now....

MSMA works on crab grass and bahia (i am pretty sure but please test this theory). I would spot spray and make sure its not too damn hot out.

the mowing more often will help with the broadleaf weeds a little. that's why I suggested it.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Katana by PBI Gordon will do fine on all the weeds except carpetgrass. It is not labeled for control and I don't have any specific knowledge on it either, but it is affordable and kills just about anything in Bermuda.

Another option is Tribute Total by Bayer, but it is expensive, like $150 an acre expensive! It is not as strong on Bahia in a single app, but does well if multiple apps are made with the timing on the label

I don't know how big your yard is, but I was in the same situation you were in a year or so ago. I was looking for something to spray that wouldn't kill off everything. I ended up calling a local guy that has a landscaping company and sprays yards in my area. He sprayed roughly 3 acres for $120. It killed everything I wanted killed, and my grass was fine. It was worth the money to me.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    I don't know how big your yard is, but I was in the same situation you were in a year or so ago. I was looking for something to spray that wouldn't kill off everything. I ended up calling a local guy that has a landscaping company and sprays yards in my area. He sprayed roughly 3 acres for $120. It killed everything I wanted killed, and my grass was fine. It was worth the money to me.
    That's exactly what I need here in South Greenville. The heck with buying/maintaining/storing a sprayer etc.
    Please support March of Dimes

www.marchforbabies.org/MadelineRai

Cimmaron Plus at 3/8 oz per acre. Gotta do it before Bahaia seeds out, which is too late for this year
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Gramoxone will kill the buffalo grass/ crab grass/ bahia grass/ carpet grass.

Gramoxone would kill astroturf. Fella I work with splashed some in his eyes last week filling a tank. He's been camped out at the eyeball doctor ever since.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Gramoxone will kill the buffalo grass/ crab grass/ bahia grass/ carpet grass.
    No it will just burn the top off and that bitch will come back with a vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    Gramoxone would kill astroturf. Fella I work with splashed some in his eyes last week filling a tank. He's been camped out at the eyeball doctor ever since.
    Ouch. Hope he gets his eyes back.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    No it will just burn the top off and that bitch will come back with a vengeance.
    Truth.

I used Specticle (indaziflam) on my St. Augustine this spring and have been very pleased. Pretty sure its labeled on all warm season turf. Two applications are required, for me first of April and again in a couple weeks. If you know a peach farmer Alion is cheaper. Just make sure you do the rate conversion.
    "It's a numbers game" - Mac Owen
    Endangered: Farmers, Watermen, and Rural Life

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post

He's gonna have reoccurring problems for a couple years from that shit.