Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any of you hunting with a 300blkout?

I don't think the Amax bullets are going to do it for you on deer. In Hornady, you need the Vmax to expand at lower velocities. It's their varmint bullet designed to disintegrate at high velocities, but it still expands at lower velocities, much like a normal hunting bullet.

I've seen a deer shot in the face with a heavy bullet out of a 300 Whisper shooting subsonic that literally rolled around its nose on a quartering shot facing head first and came out the other side. Stunned it temporarily. This was probably the 220 grain factory subsonic load by Cor Bon.

Everything I read about the vmax is positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    Just ordered some of the Barnes 110gr and the Rip Out's. I think I have some Hornady Amax at the house. I'll see which one the ole girl likes.
    I think the Lehigh's are better made than the Ripouts. The Ripouts have been plenty deadly but I had a couple that weren't tightly crimped and the bullet could be wiggled in the case.

The Lehighs crono faster than the barnes loaded from the factory.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Try them out on hogs first.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Haven't tried the vmax but I will...I have been shooting the 110 gr Barnes and it's a good choice for supersonic

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    Damn y'all are bad influences!! You got me to looking at glass for my 300BO. I went with this'un.

Leupold VX-R PATROL 3-9X40 FIREDOT TMR

http://www.opticsplanet.com/leupold-...iflescope.html
    YEP
    Easy Decision
    Natchez was $100 cheaper

Optics Planet was just an example, I actually got it from a dealer buddy of mine. (cost)

Now that my can is out of jail I can start zero comparisons. I'll post my results.