Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Concealed carry holsters

The Shield fits in the back pocket of a pair of jeans pretty nicely with or without a pocket holster. With an untucked Tshirt I'm good to go.
    Slacks or baggy shorts it's good to go in a front pocket.
    I have one Shield with the thumb safety and one without. Based on some of my carry choices I usually carry the one with the safety.

Regards to printing, I prefer not to print and I try to dress not to print but as long as it's concealed then primary mission is accomplished IMO. Most folks walk around in condition white and don't have a clue if you're carrying or not.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 03-06-2017 at 09:04 PM.

carried a kahr .380 in an ankle holster for a long time and it is a good option of how to carry.

Currently, I carry a shield and do not see that changing. I carry in a Blackhawk leather IWB. T-shirt un-tucked, it is hidden with no problem at all.
    If I carry with the shirt tucked in I make sure the holster clip is behind my belt and the width of my belt makes it very unnoticeable.

Aint no way that shield is going in the pocket of my wranglers without a very noticeable bulge
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Personally, I've never considered an ankle holster for a primary carry, only as a bug. I'd rather carry my primary messican style over an ankle holster.

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    Personally, I've never considered an ankle holster for a primary carry, only as a bug. I'd rather carry my primary messican style over an ankle holster.
    the only downfall to Mexican style ( basically the same as cross draw imo) is you have to swing your gun around in front of you and it can potentially point at things you don't want to point your gun at.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I'm not endorsing Mexican style by no means, in fact Mexican style (no holster) is a terrible way to carry but when it comes to self preservation at a time of need, I'd still take it over an ankle holster for my primary gun.

I get 0 print in a standard set of kakhi's, When I started ankle carry it took my GF 3 weeks to notice, an that was when I was taking my shoes off at the house. Admittedly its not a quick as IWB or Pocket but its comfortable so I carry every day, and I can hit a knee and have it out pretty quick, or if i'm on the ground its not that hard to get to. Plus on the accidental discharge note i'll get some burns, maybe a 1/2" trench cut in the side of my foot, but it discharges into the ground and not into something important like my junk.

I'm not endorsing Mexican style by no means, in fact Mexican style (no holster) is a terrible way to carry but when it comes to self preservation at a time of need, I'd still take it over an ankle holster for my primary gun.
    That's where those minimalist trigger guard holsters with the para cord attached like usmcsilver posted come in handy. I carried a g19 like that before I was old enough to legally carry. Just wrap the para cord around your belt and stick the gun in your waistband. They only cost like $15.

G43 with an ankle holster everyday.
    Sgt. Luther W. Rabon Jr. and Staff Sgt. Willie J. Harley Jr.
    KIA 1 October 2010
    Paktika Province, Afghanistan
    RCP 14, 1221st Engineer Clearance Company

Anyone ever use one of the holsters (leather) or mag holders (leather) that can be ordered with the orange coupons that come with a Springfield Armory pistol ? Details and pics are hard to come by. They appear to be leather OWB style.

Now that I'm officially a fat ass again (temporarily, lol) I'm wondering if OWB would be more comfortable and I have one of these coupons to send in for the $12 1911 magazines....may add the holster....

Look at a Don Hume JIT Slide Holster.

Sounds like what you may be after.

Sent via TapaTalk on S7 Edge.

I've looked at Palmetto Leather, SR, and like the look of their product.

Does anyone know of any decent LEATHER holsters, in IWB and/or Paddle OWB (preferred), for a G19 with either a TLR-1 or TLR-2?
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    I've looked at Palmetto Leather, SR, and like the look of their product.

Does anyone know of any decent LEATHER holsters, in IWB and/or Paddle OWB (preferred), for a G19 with either a TLR-1 or TLR-2?
    Check this link out. if you don't like that style poke around on his website a little. type Glock 19 in the search box. he has all styles

http://jacksonleatherwork.com/2015/0...ck-19-holster/
    Last edited by scatter shot; 03-07-2017 at 09:09 PM.

Check this link out. if you don't like that style poke around on his website a little. type Glock 19 in the search box. he has all styles

http://jacksonleatherwork.com/2015/0...ck-19-holster/
    Thanks. I'll spend some time poking through there.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'