Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Importance of Eel Grass

Gonna have to put down a LOT of folks if that's going to be the strategy for gaining support for more vegetation. Most won't be as agreeable as this one was. The man did get around to pointing out the resolution in different parts of the lake. You have to be talking about specific areas or the opposition is huge and insurmountable. Better create those two zones while there is some chance of it. Better have an idea what's in it for Santee-Cooper, too. There are possibilities.....
    Last edited by Tuffy; 02-07-2017 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    I went and read post #47, it probably fit the bill for him 20 years ago too. You're probably pretty close in the personality department as well.
    Man relax, it was a joke. I just wanted you to know calling someone a douche is so 20 years ago. Trying to catch you up, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    All these years I thought I didn't have friends because I'm an asshole. Turns out it's just cause I'm poor.
    Hell I figured he shunned poor people.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by Tuffy View Post
    Gonna have to put down a LOT of folks if that's going to be the strategy for gaining support for more vegetation. Most won't be as agreeable as this one was. The man did get around to pointing out the resolution in different parts of the lake. You have to be talking about specific areas or the opposition is huge and insurmountable. Better create those two zones while there is some chance of it. Better have an idea what's in it for Santee-Cooper, too. There are possibilities.....
    There is nothing in it for Santee Cooper, most of their big wheels own impoundments. Only thing I can see is an improvement of water quality and a reduced herbicide cost. Either of the 2, they could probably care less about.

Think of the masses already consuming the water through their water treatment division. I'm sure the tainted water would be great to bring to light for them. Most people don't even realize that their water comes from the lake though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Yep. I have a border collie mix that is smarter than most of the people on this site.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

There is no hydrilla in the lake at this time.......None.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I swear understanding sarcasm is a lost art form
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

There is nothing in it for Santee Cooper, most of their big wheels own impoundments. Only thing I can see is an improvement of water quality and a reduced herbicide cost. Either of the 2, they could probably care less about.

Think of the masses already consuming the water through their water treatment division. I'm sure the tainted water would be great to bring to light for them. Most people don't even realize that their water comes from the lake though.
    If they ever proved that your drinking water was tainted and it was the herbicides causing the issue then They would just abort herbicides and bring in more carp. But the water isn't tainted by the chemicals because it's treated at their water plant before it is pumped to your local water tower. Plenty of Santee Cooper employees hunt and fish the lakes including some high ranking employees. Most are aware of the issues at hand just as we are. Santee Cooper has a few more major issues they are concerned about right now other than vegetation in the lake. I believe it's gonna take a bigger hand in this issue other than a few people mentioning on here. But hey got to start somewhere and at least this thread is gaining some attention and shedding light on it.

Sorry but I don't believe water treatment plants can remove everything from the water, including the sewage dumped from up river.

They can't. There's an algae bloom that'll happen in the dead of summer on Wateree. It'll flat out ruinet some city water when it pops up. They say it's okay to drink, but it'll fuck up a pitcher of sweet tea.

Today, 10:17 PMswampshooter
    Sorry but I don't believe water treatment plants can remove everything from the water, including the sewage dumped from up river.
    I'm not saying they do or they don't. I just was pointing out that pointing fingers at a company that controls the lakes in their entirety may not be the best way to obtain our goal.

Oh, my God this has totally gotten out of hand.

Ok first off half of you with the exception of Catdaddy after thinking about it....... I will need to call some old girl friends but this could be your song from me:

Some of you are almost cocky enough to be from me.

But here. I'll back it up Boggster I'll be down your way tomorrow night.
    You wanna meet in person an back all this yap yap yap up?
    Why don't you enlighten me in the error of my ways?

I doubt you have nuts to meet.

Santee 11 is headed my way. But if he gets back in time he can referee.

Ain't nothing, but air an opportunity stopping you!

We are deciding on dinner plans now. Seriously join me an a few more from here an show me you know more than google can tell you.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Pointing fingers and facts are two different things. Considering roundup and 2-4D are being researched currently for causing numerous health problems, you must assume any herbicide in drinking water raises some concern.

Swimming and boating should not be considered priority over health. I would rather see carp than herbicide, not saying I like either.
    Yep. I have a border collie mix that is smarter than most of the people on this site.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

I swear understanding sarcasm is a lost art form
    YUP
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by swampshooter View Post
    Pointing fingers and facts are two different things. Considering roundup and 2-4D are being researched currently for causing numerous health problems, you must assume any herbicide in drinking water raises some concern.

Swimming and boating should not be considered priority over health. I would rather see carp than herbicide, not saying I like either.
    Paging Tooth an Fluoride.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

He doesn't struggle to pay them. He bitches endlessly about paying them. Huge difference. It honestly sucked worse for us who had to hear about it
    That isn't nearly as bad as my guitar playing.

I'm struggling but getting better. But I have a Long way to go. When I get good enough I'll borrow Shotunderit's guitar.

SOB has a sweet piece.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    Paging Tooth an Fluoride.
    You intelligence and sarcasm intertwine so well.

I am not saying I do not use herbicide, just carefully. Knowing risk and moderating them accordingly are important in my opinion.

This was on a AG website sometime last year, I talk facts not bs.

WTF dude.

Do you think folks are running around with a back pack sprayer clamoring their hands laughing "muhahahahah" as they squirt chemicals into folks drinks at the lake?

First off the level of 2stroke engine oil mixed in the water is probably way beyond the point of safe to drink on a regular basis, but even so that is a delicious smell. I wish they made a car freshener smell like that.

But hey you only talk in facts.

We mere mortals will wait with baited breath for your next post from the heavens man.
    Last edited by Silentweapon338; 02-07-2017 at 11:18 PM.
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    WTF dude.

Do you think folks are running around with a back pack sprayer clamoring their hands laughing "muhahahahah" as they squirt chemicals into folks drinks at the lake?

First off the level of 2stroke engine oil mixed in the water is probably way beyond the point of safe to drink on a regular basis, but even so that is a delicious smell. I wish they made a car freshener smell like that.

But hey you only talk in facts.

We mere mortals will wait with baited breath for your next post from the heavens man.
    No need to get upset, just explain to meet how what I pointed out is incorrect.

And since you propose it, IDC if you want to ban 2 strokes on the lake system. It won't effect me one bit.

I never said anyone is trying to create a genocide by using herbicide on the lake, just that I did not see a rational purpose in it. Point out one valid purpose and I will rebuke my statement.

And if you do a little research DNR sprays pretty much every river and lake in SC, and have yet to be able to give me a valid reason of why. Yes, I have questioned them.

By the way, "post from the heavens" because I can give you sources for my research is a little bit of a asinine comment, don't you agree?
    Last edited by swampshooter; 02-07-2017 at 11:39 PM.

The last thing I wanna do is ban 2 strokes.

If I said the sky was blue you would say it was black.

Why would I want a air freshener that smelled like a 2stroke if I wanted to ban them?
    Yup, he's crazy...

~Scatter Shot

Late night sipping again?