Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12/11 Upstate Longtails

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    Speaking of confusing. Try hunting a lake on the GA/AL border. Limit in GA is two scaup limit in AL is 3 but you put in on the ga side of the lake and run to the al side. Cluster fuck
    We had a similar situation recently and didn't know how to handle it. On the last weekend of the first split, SC closes on Saturday and GA ends on Sunday. That Sunday we wanted to hunt a GA spot where it was really only practical to put in at a SC ramp. So we would've been SC residents putting in at a SC ramp, but hunting in GA with both licenses and would've been transporting birds across state lines out of season. I'm not sure how that works and guessed it would've probably depended on the mood of the warden if we got pulled. We decided not to chance it.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlover View Post
    We had a similar situation recently and didn't know how to handle it. On the last weekend of the first split, SC closes on Saturday and GA ends on Sunday. That Sunday we wanted to hunt a GA spot where it was really only practical to put in at a SC ramp. So we would've been SC residents putting in at a SC ramp, but hunting in GA with both licenses and would've been transporting birds across state lines out of season. I'm not sure how that works and guessed it would've probably depended on the mood of the warden if we got pulled. We decided not to chance it.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    You're covered as long as they are killed in GA. We have the same situation with Alabama seasons opening a week earlier than GA. Our wardens are pretty savvy to it but you never know when you get an over zealous warden who writes you a ticket. Would never hold up in court but it could turn into a pain in the ass
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Now this is worth a thread... Good killing
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Leave one in Alabama
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    A Ross's was killed in the Santee Delta over Thanksgiving. Thought that was wild
    I've got photos of a pair standing on the 18th tee box at Santee National with fairway Canadas.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    A Ross's was killed in the Santee Delta over Thanksgiving. Thought that was wild
    I've got one dead in my library.

I know of a snow goose killed in the upstate this weekend. That's nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Quote Originally Posted by BRR View Post
    I've got one dead in my library.
    Honestly, I'm wishing now I'd of built a library at this new house just so I could refer to it.

Nice ducks, good stuff
    Last edited by Highstrung; 12-12-2016 at 02:02 PM.

I see snow geese in the upstate regularly for the past few years. I saw 6 two weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Honestly, I'm wishing now I'd of built a library at this new house just so I could refer to it.

Nice ducks, good stuff
    excellent point, sounds so downton abbey, i love it

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I see snow geese in the upstate regularly for the past few years. I saw 6 two weeks ago.
    Got 4 snows and two blues in a field mixed with Canadas. Just waiting on NC to come back in.

I've seen snows multiple times in the upstate.

Also put 3 swans in the decoys one morning, a long time ago, and was mind blown over that hunt. No I didn't shoot them.
    Go Tigers!!!

Tried hard to find where these two went to drink water but never could last year. I see a handful of snows 300 yards up riding the wind every year, but not many on the ground/water.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    I've got photos of a pair standing on the 18th tee box at Santee National with fairway Canadas.
    Berkeley Middle School...

Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I killed a banded specklebelly in a beaver swamp in Fort Mill years ago . Thought it was a park goose . He is mounted outside of my downstairs library/ crapper.
    Last edited by Rebelyeller; 12-13-2016 at 04:39 PM.
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

You don't have to be a diver hunter to know a greater and a lesser apart.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Nice hunt by the way.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I see Ross most years here, snows/ blues every year as with swans and cranes. Specks once in a while but we have never killed one.

Nice killing on the Squaws. Super cool.