Thread: Remington Trigger Recall Lawsuit Settlement

Default Remington Trigger Recall Lawsuit Settlement

Posting this in case you hadn't seen it and it affects anyone here.

I originally thought this didn't include my Model 7 with the Walker Trigger, but after reading everything I'm guessing that it does. Guess I'll have to get into more detail on it.

If you own certain Remington firearms, you may be eligible for benefits from a class action settlement.

http://remingtonfirearmsclassactionsettlement.com/?_bta_tid=3729104234760007235101814702904395633482 89740418976418293475387020087241207255832519216

A proposed nationwide Settlement has been preliminarily approved in a class action lawsuit involving certain Remington firearms. The class action lawsuit claims that trigger mechanisms with a component part known as a trigger connector are defectively designed and can result in accidental discharges without the trigger being pulled. The lawsuit further claims that from May 1, 2006 to April 9, 2014, the X-Mark Pro® trigger mechanism assembly process created the potential for the application of an excess amount of bonding agent, which could cause Model 700 or Seven bolt-action rifles containing such trigger mechanisms to discharge without a trigger pull under certain limited conditions. The lawsuit contends that the value and utility of these firearms have been diminished as a result of these alleged defects. Defendants deny any wrongdoing.
    Who’s included?

The Settlement provides benefits to:

1. Current owners of Remington Model 700, Seven, Sportsman 78, 673, 710, 715, 770, 600, 660, XP-100, 721, 722, and 725 firearms containing a Remington trigger mechanism that utilizes a trigger connector;
    2. Current owners of Remington Model 700 and Model Seven rifles containing an X-Mark Pro trigger mechanism manufactured from May 1, 2006 to April 9, 2014 who did not participate in the voluntary X-Mark Pro product recall prior to April 14, 2015; and
    3. Current and former owners of Remington Model 700 and Model Seven rifles who replaced their rifle’s original Walker trigger mechanism with an X-Mark Pro trigger mechanism.

What does the Settlement provide?

Settlement Class Members may be entitled to: (1) have their trigger mechanism retrofitted with a new X-Mark Pro or other connectorless trigger mechanism at no cost to the class members; (2) receive a voucher code for Remington products redeemable at Remington’s online store; and/or (3) be refunded the money they spent to replace their Model 700 or Seven’s original Walker trigger mechanism with an X-Mark Pro trigger mechanism.
    How can I obtain benefits?

Submit a Claim Form. You can submit a claim form electronically.

Submit a Claim
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Get a Timney trigger, pull up the YouTube videos on how to swap out the triggers, and swap it out yourself. It takes 20 min or less.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by GobblerHntr View Post
    Get a Timney trigger, pull up the YouTube videos on how to swap out the triggers, and swap it out yourself. It takes 20 min or less.
    I know how to swap them. I've already cleaned and adjusted my Walker Trigger, safely I might add.

Personally, I don't believe that most/all of the original triggers had a problem unless they were messed with, but that's just an opinion as I've never had a problem with any of my Remington rifles.
    ~ George Washington

I have 4 X-Mark Pro & 1 Walker trigger in my junk drawer & 3 700's in the safe.
    Wouldn't mind getting 3 more Timney 512's if that's an option

or getting reimbursed for the Timneys

I don't own a rifle with a factory trigger
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

of mine - a Sako, 2 Tikka's & an A-Bolt are all factory (A-Bolt has a Timney spring though) - all others have been upgraded (Marlins, Remingtons, AR's, Mauser & a Ruger)
    Last edited by Nolo Contendere; 09-23-2016 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolo Contendere View Post
    or getting reimbursed for the Timneys
    I don't know if reimbursement for a non-Remington trigger is an option or not. Call them and check and let us know, if you will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nolo Contendere View Post
    of mine - a Sako, 2 Tikka's & an A-Bolt are all factory (A-Bolt has a Timney spring though) - all others have been upgraded (Marlins, Remingtons, AR's, Mauser & a Ruger)
    I see no reason to change out my Tikka triggers. They are plenty crisp and light for a hunting rifle, IMO. My AR's do at least have the 'enhanced', nickel plated trigger groups, which make a nice difference, with two others having Hyperfire or Geissele (sp?) upgrades. I agree that my Marlin and Remington 870 could use improvement.
    ~ George Washington

I have a 700 from ~'96 era. I had a Rem repair center work on the trigger back in the day and get it to 3#. It is a sweet trigger for factory. Are all 700's included or just the more recent versions. I've never had an issue with mine.
    Vegetarian: Native American for Piss Poor Hunter

I Oder the Timney before I ever buy the Remington. You don't have to do anything to a Sako, scope it and shoot it.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    I don't know if reimbursement for a non-Remington trigger is an option or not. Call them and check and let us know, if you will.

I see no reason to change out my Tikka triggers. They are plenty crisp and light
    No. They really aren't. You just don't know any better
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Putting a Timney in our Remington 700 completely transformed the gun for me.

If there is one upgrade that will drastically enhance performance and re-invent your gun for you, it is a new trigger.
    Never confuse enthusiasm for capability

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    No. They really aren't. You just don't know any better
    You may be right, but I've got the one down to about 3#' and I don't want it any lower for a hunting rifle. Besides, the gun has shot 1.13" at 200 yds even before I found a tight spot between the barrel and stock, which meets my needs. I have other higher priorities for my money, so I just don't have the luxury of being a gun addict right now, as much as I might like to.

You are more than welcome to do what you'd like with yours.

Thanks.

gooseaholic, click on that link above and ID your trigger in the pictures, and submit your serial number, and you'll get some options if your trigger is included. My trigger has the ridged surface and I was given the options to take it to an authorized repair center or ship it to Remington. I chose to do neither, at least for now. Besides, nothing will be approved until the settlement is accepted by the court and that apparently isn't going to take place until some time in early 2017.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 09-24-2016 at 10:02 AM.
    ~ George Washington

My 700's are bought or traded as used. How would I know if the trigger has not already been changed? I am fairly confident they were manufactured within the dates given so I have reason for concern.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Quote Originally Posted by rp View Post
    My 700's are bought or traded as used. How would I know if the trigger has not already been changed? I am fairly confident they were manufactured within the dates given so I have reason for concern.
    Odds are they haven't been, but the Remington Authorized Repair gunsmith is up in Darlington. Go to the main recall page on the Remington site and there will be a .pdf listed on the right column that will give you their number. I think it's Darlington Gun Works, but not positive.
    ~ George Washington