Thread: .264 Model 70

Default .264 Model 70

Has anyone actually shot the barrel out of one of these? Just curious. Inherited one about 5 years ago and never really shot it. Bought a vortex viper off here and got it mounted up today

Last edited by ruffin74; 09-22-2016 at 09:49 PM.

That's a gorgeous gun
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

That's a jewel

The stock is beautiful.

Better than 90% of the barrels they thought to be burnt out by the .264 in the 1960's turned to just be copper fouled very badly by the crappy bullets of the time.

264 win mag is an awesome cartridge. 6.5mm bullet with great speed and relatively low recoil makes for an great long range deer rifle.

http://www.shootingtimes.com/hunting...hester-magnum/

Not wanting you to be disappointed by the potential for a burned out barrel, I will gladly take that from you so you can stay in your safe space with your feelings intact.

Pre-64 or push feed?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Looks like a fajen stock from the 70s. Beautiful gun.

I'd take it off your hands and let you know if your intuition regarding barrel was correct or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”

Mid '70's west coast or Bee style stock. Could be Fajen, Bishop, or full blown custom wood. It looks very similar to a Winslow, could have been produced in Camdenshire. Being a .264 WM I would think a gun done in the west. Have you pulled the bbl action and looked for a name in the bbl channel?

A hunter typically won't shoot one enough to burn it out. Zero it and hunt with it if you want to. Avoid long strings of fire that get the barrel too hot to hold.
    Last edited by FLS; 09-23-2016 at 06:29 AM.

I looked it up a few years back and I think it's a 68 or 69. Grain in the stock is amazing, but it has several several small dings in the clear. One day I will refinish it, but not any time soon

Is it mesquite or maybe quilted maple wood?