Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GT -- Muddy Bay

Hey Ralph and Mr. Belly.
    I had an ant farm once......them fellas didn't grow shit.

Whoomp there it is

Quote Originally Posted by sftull View Post
    WTF??
    Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    If you've ever hit a sand bar or mud bank hard enough in unknown water then you would understand what I typed. I like to keep aware of things happening around me.. And whoever with him might not know much about what they're doing either.

*plus phone typing
    Yup. I knew what you were talking about.

My boat has had one unintentional grounding, but I wasn't driving. My dumbass friend did it in my KW. We were going nearly 20mph when he hit a sandy bottom built up on the middle of a creek; he said he knew the area, though I got through it fine the first time we made that pass down in HHI. Took us lots of time and digging on an outgoing tide. I'll never let him drive the boat again, unless we're in the ocean and there's nothing for him to hit.

I know how to navigate shallow water and to have a spotter, and to go slow, etc...

I've assisted in the ungrounding of some strangers (3 "kids") in a big, heavy Mako in GT a few years ago. They hit at about 40mph and we saw it happen. It was a miracle no one was hurt. The boat was all stripped out and they were using lawn chairs for seats. Needless to say, they were thankful for the help.

Just go slow and watch the weather. As mentioned it can get nasty quickly, beware the abandoned crap pot in the prop trick.
    Genesis 9;2

If you ain't run aground, you ain't been around. Go slow, watch what other boats do and do that. The WNW islands you're talking about are the Shell Banks. Go, learn and have fun. Pay attention and you'll be fine.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Also watch out for the abandoned pilings that are slightly submerged with a little tide.

I churned up some mud at low tide at Edisto on plane last week. I almost throttled back, but caught myself and slid on over it. Salty gave some good advice. There are two kinds of boaters, those that have hit something, and those that will.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Try crossing Romain River into Slack Reach at low tide. With an under powered vessel, you will be waiting on the water rise.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

USMC???