Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Normandy - then and now

These men went through hell, but I also imagine the interest in American soldier by the newly liberate French girls help ease the pain temporarily.
    "The best things in life make you sweaty"
    - Edgar Allen Poe

“We need the tonic of wildness...At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us...”
    ― Henry David Thoreau

I need to do some research and see what relics my grandfather had from WWII. My final grandparent, his widow, just passed last year and I meant to ask my uncle if while moving his stuff he found any old uniforms, relics, pictures, medals, etc, etc. I'm the first one since him, on both sides of the family, to join the military so I feel a little more humbled by his service.

I too was pretty impressed by the fact the buildings remained mostly unchanged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft