Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Be Careful

my GF works at an office that he was a client at. she told me about it yesterday then today she said he shot himself but she did not know how. wehen i was a wee lad we hunted in gtown county and a guy shot himself as he was climbing into his stand. apparently he dropped his rifle amd when it hit the ground it discharged and killed him dead. you have to be carefull when you have your guns loaded. we have a rope tied to all of our stands so we can raise our rifles after we are in the stand. even if the rope breaks it is pointing down.
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog

Quote Originally Posted by NannySlayer View Post
    you have to be carefull when you have your guns loaded. we have a rope tied to all of our stands so we can raise our rifles after we are in the stand. even if the rope breaks it is pointing down.
    x2 ns when i deer hunted i loaded my rifle for the walk to the stand, but still unloaded for pulling it up on my rope. no reason to have gun loaded if i cant use it anyway.

something else that is a huge no no......i have been duck hunting with someone before and they get out their truck and load their gun to walk in a swamp at pitch black dark. OH NO..aint gonna happen with me, had to take fella through another hunter safety class that morning before we walked anywhere.

My little brother hates it, and i think its gets on some of my friends nerves that i am always talking about being careful, zones of fire, not shooting less a shot is called and all, even though they are safe hunters, its just no hunting trip, animal, or anything else is worth someone being mangled or killed over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    SCducks is not checkers, it's chess.

I was a guest at a club one time. After the morning hunt, I met the guy I was hunting with and we walked out to the truck. He was in front of me and I noticed his safety was off on his rifle. When I told him about it, he said, "My trigger finger is my safety." Last time I hunted with him.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    I just heard yesterday that a fellow is in a local hospital here in Columbia that hung from his safety harness for 2 DAYS before he was found. Doc's amputated both legs due to blood loss.

I think he was a very large fellow and wearing a parachute style harness that probably cutoff his circulation to both his legs at the femural artery. Imagine hanging there for 2 days!!!! Don't just wear a harness, notify all your peeps as to your exact location.
    I bet he'd have given anything for this:

http://www.mountaineer-sports.com/
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by scswamprat View Post
    something else that is a huge no no......i have been duck hunting with someone before and they get out their truck and load their gun to walk in a swamp at pitch black dark. OH NO..aint gonna happen with me, had to take fella through another hunter safety class that morning before we walked anywhere.

My little brother hates it, and i think its gets on some of my friends nerves that i am always talking about being careful, zones of fire, not shooting less a shot is called and all, even though they are safe hunters, its just no hunting trip, animal, or anything else is worth someone being mangled or killed over.
    you can bet, if i am at the camp and i see a gun, pistol shotty or rifle i will imediatly go check it. if it is loaded than i unchamber the round and set it bullet down in the barrel so they see it. my glock stays loaded. full mag and one in the pipe but if comes out of the holster i drop the mag and pop out the round. then i lock the slid back just so folks know it is clear. i take firearm safty very seriously. i have no idea why some do not.
    NBK II - Killing is our business and business is good!

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    no. violating it would be enough. taxidermists are too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    heck, I'll play. If we took away your ability to type, I might not want to punch you in the mouth so much for being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by River Hawk View Post
    tits like an old beagle dog

Archie's daughter graduated high school on Thursday. Mom is re-married.