Thread: cutover land or hardwood land value

Default cutover land or hardwood land value

Any one got a good sense on what an acre of cutover ground in/around SE Lancaster county area is going for right now?

Land is right between Kershaw (town) and Pageland.

Ive got about 110 acres down off a dirt road that is off 601 that used to be my sanctuary, however has recently become a pain in my ass - all because of a new neighbor that has moved in right on the property line. Prior to this, I had no neighbors. I am hoping that they move on pretty quickly, but is looking more and more like they will be there for the long haul. They have pretty much ruined my place but aren't ever on my land, so not really a whole lot I can see to do about it. Loud music constantly, see on facepage where they are always having huge fires in the front yard and looks like they are having klan rallies around. Shoot fireworks, and guns constantly. I have tried to address what I can, but not getting much sympathy. Thought of approaching the adjoining land owner/timber company to see if they had any interest in buying the land, as I cant see anyone else having an interest with these folks beside me. basically has lost all it's recreational value as far as I can see, so only thinking a timber company would be interested.

Use the county assessor website. Look at surrounding properties with similar road frontage and acreage. Then look around at what other folks are trying to sell property with similar attributes as yours.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Quote Originally Posted by gamecock1974 View Post
    Loud music constantly, see on facepage where they are always having huge fires in the front yard and looks like they are having klan rallies around. Shoot fireworks, and guns constantly.
    Sorry for partying.

$1300-2000 for the dirt is what I have been looking at in Lauren's County, depending on location/size/etc.

$1,200 - $1,400 tops in cutover dirt in that area. Talk with a forester or real estate agent to help formulate a liquidation plan. The "timber company" you speak of may be the TIMO I manage in that area. We have quit a few holdings in the general vicinity you're speaking of.

I've managed "timber company" land for 14 years and very seldom to never do they purchase a single tract from a private landowner even if it is adjacent.....too many hoops for them to jump through on a single tract transaction. FYI - That is just how they operate.
    Last edited by Timberman22; 03-29-2016 at 07:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

Unless you're a super motivated seller currently it is a buyers market in SC. Per Landwatch they're currently 24,977 properties for sale in SC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

Quote Originally Posted by bigtimeduckhunter View Post
    $1300-2000 for the dirt is what I have been looking at in Lauren's County, depending on location/size/etc.

$2000 for dirt?????? I guess there are some people that stupid out there.

if you dont like it, dont buy it. and from the crass attitude of your poorly informed opinion, you needn't worry.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmet Gobbler View Post
    $2000 for dirt?????? I guess there are some people that stupid out there.
    $2,000 for dirt in Laurens can either be a really good deal or a bad deal. Laurens is a unique county. It has two interstates and a portion is very close to Greenville. It also has a lot of lake frontage. I have sold it upwards of $15,000 per acre and as little as $900 per acre. It all depends on location and features.

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    $2,000 for dirt in Laurens can either be a really good deal or a bad deal. Laurens is a unique county. It has two interstates and a portion is very close to Greenville. It also has a lot of lake frontage. I have sold it upwards of $15,000 per acre and as little as $900 per acre. It all depends on location and features.

I know of 740 acres in Laurens county they are asking $47k an acre for... Location location location

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”