Thread: Looking for a pair of everyday work boots?

Default Looking for a pair of everyday work boots?

A while ago my trusty pair of Wolverine boots informed me they were no longer waterproof. They were 2.5 years old- worn 6/7 days a week, and very comfortable. The style is the Wolverine Anthem Wellington, and there isn't enough good I could say about them.

http://www.wolverine.com/US/en/anthe...ngtons&start=1

I went back to the same Academy where I bought them a few years back, tried on the same size, same style boot and they were tight. Tried the wides, a size up, a size up in wide-- still really tight. I figured they needed to be worn a bit- so I took a new pair home and figured I'd give them a full days wear. A few hours in, my feet are killing me, they had to go back.

Being a procrastinator, I had no time to wait for mail order so I went to find a different boot. Tried on a few pairs, the sales lady tried to sell me some boot that wasn't waterproof then said " well no boot is really waterproof".

In the short time Ive been alive, I've learned three things I will pass on to my future children: buy waterproof boots, save up a little more to get 4wd in your truck, and always buy the longest set of jumper cables the store sells.

Back to the boots...
    I found these Georgia Boots for about the same price as the Wolverines. They are amazingly comfortable. If you are in the market for a new pair of boots, these have proven over the past few weeks to be waterproof and comfortable from daily wear to several mile hikes in hills. Definitely worth checking out.
    http://www.georgiaboot.com/farm_boot...#sz=57&start=1

I had that same model boot in lace-up a few years ago. They looked great and were comfortable but definitely not waterproof. I have tried the pull-on on in the store but they were very tight to get on and off.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    I had that same model boot in lace-up a few years ago. They looked great and were comfortable but definitely not waterproof. I have tried the pull-on on in the store but they were very tight to get on and off.
    I had to go up a half size in these from my normal shoe size- what do you have now

wearing wolverines now.

The Georgias I bought to use as a hunting boot. first morning of rifle season I was hunting a persimmon tree on the edge of a field and shot a doe. got down to start looking for blood and before I knew it my feet were soaked from the dew on the grass
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

On my second pair now, I wear them every day. Most comfortable boots I've ever owned. As mentioned, they are tough to put on at first, but once they've loosened up, they're hard to beat. First pair started to split between the sole and the first stitches if that makes sense. That's when they became not so waterproof. Probably could be fixed fairly easily. Other than that, no issues.

Ariat steel toes all day everyday
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?