Thread: Abaco

We're heading over in a couple of weeks. I've never been there before. We will be staying on Cherokee Sound. I've heard the bonefishing is incredible. Other than that, do ya'll have any suggestions on what to do / see/ fish for?

TIA. JP
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

Take aboat ride over to Green Turtle Cay and go for a snorkel or scuba dive trip with Brendel's Dive Shop. Make sure you go on a trip that serves a beach lunch of ceviche and conch salad.

I have just confirmed reservation of a 26' CC for the week. Now, how to get enough gear down there to make it worthwhile?
    Honey...I'll do it after the season is over.

Originally Posted by cudexter
    I would argue that JP has the highest "quality" to "trash talk" post ratio on this site.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Air Raid
    ... Wait till 3 years from now! ...

Make sure you read up on the new regs as well.
    George Carlin said it best, \'Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are stupider than that\'\'.

Most of us are happy with a cruise through Sparkleberry.................
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

Cherokee is a small village with NO shopping but great bonefishing! Will you be in the communoty of Cherokee or at the community of Cashuarina Point? At CP you can go to the point through the mangroves and there is a great flat there. On the incoming tide they roll across the sand but the big guys stay in the turtle grass. If you have a kayak you can explore the islands out from there and they are great as well. Be sure to go to Pete's Pub at Little Harbor and do dring the Rum Blaster which is served in a big Igloo cooler. They have a wild hog BBQ every Wednesday PM and it really brings out the local wildlife!! We befriended a guy there named Don Sawyer on the first trip several years ago and he took us everywhere for the week....offshore, snorkeling, conching, and even to swim a bluespring hole in the woods. His boat was a beatup 23 Criss Craft but we did lug a 175# yellowfin over the gunwhale!!! Tell Don that Scott Rhodes form SC said hello and I want my Hawaiian Sling back when I return in June. Good Luck!!!! Let me know if you have and specific questions and I will try.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Nipper's is the bar on Guana Kay, a must. Green Turtle's beach is nice, you wont see another person there. Take plenty of cash. Have a good time and good luck fishing.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

have had a house on tahiti beach for about 13 years you must go there, go see rudy at club soliet across from captain jacks and tell him to show you the old bakery have to get there by boat and this old man makes homemade cinnamon buns every morning delicious, the fishing is amazing anywhere have fun

Nippers is a MUST!!!! You have to drink some of the nippers punch. It's some good stuff.
    http://www.nippersbar.com/