Thread: Offshore 5/7

Left St. Helana sound around 4:30 and had lines in the water at 7:15. Had a pretty slow morning, but found about a 5 degree(71-76) temp break btw 200 and 220 feet. Put a 50 lb dolphin in the box around noon and caught 4 more gaffers. Ended the day with 7 dolphin and a few more released. Never had a different bight besides dolphin.

damn! good job..... catching a dolphin 50#s or larger does not happen very often at all.. id guess maybe a total of about 25 that size hit the deck off our coast a season.

please post a picture of it kind sir.
    wherever we go we bring monkey with us

you're not tied into the "pair-o-dice" house that sits on an island by itself close to fripp are you?

Yes he is. His father owns it and it has to be one of the nicest camps around except for Pritchards and Huff and Puff.

How bout it Pappy?
    Cause he\'s thirsty, Dummy

Had a buddy go out of Charleston Sunday. They fished around the Georgetown Hole, ended with 1 yellowfin ~30lbs., 9 Blackfin, 1 little tunny and a 20lb. dolphin....

Originally posted by Trenchards:
    Yes he is. His father owns it and it has to be one of the nicest camps around except for Pritchards and Huff and Puff.

How bout it Pappy?
    when my son was younger we use to go to fripp a lot.... just a safer place for him to run around. i kept a boat there for about 4 years... all the while, owning a house on edisto island. i had much work in the beaufort/bluffton area that had me down there too...

anyhoo..... i bet i have watched more than a few thunderstorms come across from the front porch of "pair-o-dice" back in the day. that was before the dock was upgraded and actual dice put on the dock.

always there with respect.... damn cool place it is.

Dukmon- yeah that is my families camp. I'm glad we were able to save you from those thunderstorms. Next time your down stop by and say hello. We do have a couple of pictures of the dolphin I will try and post. He was 48 inches long and 19 ninches wide. He hit like a freight train, and we saw him comin from about 100 yards. He stripped about 250 yards off a 30 wide.
    Trenchards- I would say our camp is a little nicer than pritchards?

Pair-o-dice,
    I would agree with you in the fact that the accomodations are a lot nicer at Pair-o-Dice, but I still don't think y'all can touch Huff and Puff. Dr. Rowland has that camp squared away.

Wade
    Cause he\'s thirsty, Dummy

went wednesday an caught 18 dolphin, 2 wahoo ( one screamer 72lbs) and one king...all by 1:00 pulling into harbor 3:30...great day on the ocean

Originally posted by pair-o-dice:
    Dukmon- yeah that is my families camp. I'm glad we were able to save you from those thunderstorms. Next time your down stop by and say hello. We do have a couple of pictures of the dolphin I will try and post. He was 48 inches long and 19 ninches wide. He hit like a freight train, and we saw him comin from about 100 yards. He stripped about 250 yards off a 30 wide.
    Trenchards- I would say our camp is a little nicer than pritchards?
    Not doubting your word but my lenght to weight ratio calculator(which is just averages) says a 48" dolphin should weigh around 30 lbs. It shows it would have to be 58" to be 50 lbs.

Fish length to weight calculator

If it really was 50lbs that is one nice dolphin, hell if it was 35lbs it would still be a nice damn fish, post up a picture, or send it to me or someone else and get them to post it up.
    Welcome to the South..............<br /><br /><br />Don\'t stay too long