Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Dog hunters are gonna love this.

So you all are telling me because the dogs were on his land he had a right to shoot them? Wow........... Thats all I can say. I hope you find out who did and prosecute the shit out of him. I know some good lawyers who have gotten $20,000 a deer dog in these situations. Good luck finding who did it buddy. LIke I've said, I can see both sides in this fight but shooting a mans dog is totally uncalled for!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1012 View Post
    So you all are telling me because the dogs were on his land he had a right to shoot them? Wow...........
    No one said any such a thing!
    I said if she had well trained dogs and had acted the very second the dog got out of the hunt it never would have happened!
    Really, a weiner dog with 6" legs got over a mile away and shot before she could recover!
    She's the only one to blame and that is not condoning the shooting of said weiner dog!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    how do you shoot a weiner dog and not kill it?
    bowhunter

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    No one said any such a thing!
    I said if she had well trained dogs and had acted the very second the dog got out of the hunt it never would have happened!
    Really, a weiner dog with 6" legs got over a mile away and shot before she could recover!
    She's the only one to blame and that is not condoning the shooting of said weiner dog!
    So in a round about way you are condoning it!! You are saying she is the only one to blame and the man that actually pulled the trigger has no blame at all!! I do not own a dog of any kind but I can assure you this, if it were my dog, the person who pulled the trigger would regret the day they ever did it because their wallet would be a lot lighter when I got through with them!! I am not saying things couldn't have been done to stop it. Yes maybe so. But we do not know the land. A mile is not very far for a deer dog to run, even if it is a weiner dog (can't say I've ever seen a weiner deer dog haha). If there were no public roads to cut the dogs off, how do you suggest they stop them? My only point is the man that pulled the trigger is just as much to blame if not more than the dog owner!! There are far better ways to handle the situation. It takes a low down sorry SOB to pull the trigger on hunting dog.... Just my thoughts. And yes we have deer dogs on our place all the time and I make every effort to help them catch them to get them off as soon as possible. It only benefits both parties to do so.

Should switch to chihuahuas.

Thinking about getting me some coyote pups and train them. That way If they get off my land and on yours it will then be ok. Seeing that they are on yours majority of the time. Hahaha

Sorry your dogs got shot. However it sounds like your part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    bowhunter
    HAHA
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

It took a while to get into the tract of land, as I waited for the land owner to come home. I also contacted DNR while I was waiting to advise them that My dog had gotten out the hunt and that I was waiting patiently for the land owners permission before I attempted to recover my dog. I think I covered my bases pretty well.

Wienner dog was not supposed to hunt. She left from my yard on her own and joined us, we were hunting here at the farm. The beagle she was with had the tracking collar on. The desire to pursue deer was naturally her instinct as she was blessed to be raised here in gods country where game is bountiful. She and two of her litter mates would spend hours every day chasing deer up and down the strip of woods by my house. I would watch the deer stay just in front of them until they caught up. Then off to the races again. Beautiful music. The deer didn't mind and seemed to be waiting some days to be chased.

I am trying to teach them to still hunt.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by loud1 View Post
    Sorry your dogs got shot. However it sounds like your part of the problem.
    Sounds like to me she covered all her bases but yet you say she's the problem...... Some of you blow my mind! I swear!! I'm not saying you would but I swear some of the people on here would actually shoot a dog or already have!! Just blows my mind!!

I figured Catdaddy would weigh in...

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    bowhunter
    They must shoot rage.

Sounds like to me she covered all her bases but yet you say she's the problem...... Some of you blow my mind! I swear!! I'm not saying you would but I swear some of the people on here would actually shoot a dog or already have!! Just blows my mind!!
    Dog was way over the property line that's not covering all your bases dumbass!

Beagle woman. Was the dog shot on the land you were waiting to get permission to go on by a leasee of that particular tract of land?

Quote Originally Posted by loud1 View Post
    Dog was way over the property line that's not covering all your bases dumbass!
    Yep you're one of the dumbasses that would pull the trigger on a dog! That answered that question for me as you constantly defend the man that is about 50% at fault here if not more....... As I said before I do not own a deer dog and never will. There is way to much aggravation (mainly dealing with dumbasses that shoot dogs) and frankly still hunting is better to me. That being said, if I did have one and some dumbass shot one of mine, there would be hell to pay and his pocketbook would regret the day he ever pulled that trigger. Its uncalled for and unacceptable. A dog is going to leave drives and get off properties from time to time. Its going to happen no matter how much you plan and try to prevent it. Its inevitable eventually. Just curious though, what part of the state do you hunt in and have you ever dog hunted?

Yep you're one of the dumbasses that would pull the trigger on a dog! That answered that question for me as you constantly defend the man that is about 50% at fault here if not more....... As I said before I do not own a deer dog and never will. There is way to much aggravation (mainly dealing with dumbasses that shoot dogs) and frankly still hunting is better to me. That being said, if I did have one and some dumbass shot one of mine, there would be hell to pay and his pocketbook would regret the day he ever pulled that trigger. Its uncalled for and unacceptable. A dog is going to leave drives and get off properties from time to time. Its going to happen no matter how much you plan and try to prevent it. Its inevitable eventually. Just curious though, what part of the state do you hunt in and have you ever dog hunted?
    And you just said it right there. Yes, they are gonna get out of the drive even the ones who do it "right".

Therefor something needs to change. You are openly and blatantly trespassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    And you just said it right there. Yes, they are gonna get out of the drive even the ones who do it "right".

Therefor something needs to change. You are openly and blatantly trespassing.
    So what you're telling me is even the man that does everything right by your standards, that is use gps collars, has a huge tract of land say 1000+, and does everything he can to keep those dogs on that land is openly and blanently trespassing if a dog gets off his property??? Even if it is done to perfection dogs will get off!! I've seen it done to perfection and it still happens!! That does not give another person the right to shoot another mans dog!!! He could've caught the dogs, called the game warden and handled it that way. I am a still hunter and I've had many opportunities to shoot a deer dog and the thought has never ever crossed my mind!!! EVER!!!! I take the high road and do it the right way. All you have to do is catch the dog, give it to its rightful owner and go on about your business. It works out best for both parties that way. I honestly feel like if both parties worked together on this instead of people being asses, some type of logical agreement could be reached on all of this that makes both groups of hunters happy. There are some minor twecks that could be made....yes. But shooting another mans dog and people defending that action on here just blows my mind!!!!!

PJ...........

give it a rest.