Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wet tumbler

I run grease... That shit requires paper towels.
    Last edited by CAMO SNOB; 01-05-2016 at 09:49 PM.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Primer pockets light your eye up as well? I send off to a guy that uses stainless media and also anneals. His results are cats arse, he is cheap and a banged up vet but something small and quick that works makes more sense in betwinxt.
    Genesis 9;2

I use Slide Glide. It's like snot.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    Primer pockets light your eye up as well? I send off to a guy that uses stainless media and also anneals. His results are cats arse, he is cheap and a banged up vet but something small and quick that works makes more sense in betwinxt.
    I have some SS pins and they clean up cases really nice but separating them sucks... The cases are damn near as good without it. I think necked rifle wouldn't clean as good as strait case pistol. If you deprime prior then they will shine, 50% shine without decapping.
    Last edited by CAMO SNOB; 01-05-2016 at 10:00 PM.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Damn yall spend some time and effort on shiny brass. The paper/steel dont give a shit.

I dont. Mine cleans faster than tumbling. And it doesn't leave dust. I think CAMO SNOB would agree, you DONT want to lose a match fee and have a bad day over nasty cases.
    Last edited by crackshot; 07-19-2016 at 09:08 AM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

I don't want to even lose range time... I case gauge every one that comes outa the loader. Match ammo is loaded slow and smooth.
    Last edited by CAMO SNOB; 01-05-2016 at 10:06 PM. Reason: My fucking phone is butchering words

Now that's time consuming...

The only oversize issue I've ever had was with 223.

Yall run those tight guns. My
    g-locks eat everything. I stopped gauging when everything that came off the dillon fit.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I run a crimp die on 9 and 45 and never had an issue.

Brass prep sucks for precision rifle. I'll do 500 at a time. Tumble. Size and decap. Trim. Debur flash holes ( new brass) Chamfer neck. Tumble again. I despise that shit.

Pistol only gets tumbled when it looks really bad. Otherwise I load it and shoot it till I lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by crackshot View Post
    Now that's time consuming...
    not really... gotta pay to play.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMO SNOB View Post
    The ones that came with it seal up good, they'll work. This is pretty self explanatory.

Is that skateboard grip tape in the center of the pvc pipe?

yes sir. A rubber piece makes the tube spin... it did not like the bare PVC.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    I want to try a sonic cleaner. I tumble with walnut and everything in my shop has brown dust on it. It cleans great and doesn't clog the prime holes, but damn the dust.

I got one, POS

Went back to my old tumbler with media in it

Picked one up and ran some 38s with Dawn and Lemishine. Didn't do too much for the primer pockets or inside. Need to try and find one or two pounds of stainless pins and give that a try.

But they were shiny as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMO SNOB View Post
    yes sir. A rubber piece makes the tube spin... it did not like the bare PVC.
    Where do you get that red lid and what is on the bottom? I need to replicate yours. Dual drum ain't useful. Thanks.

just a pvc inny cap... The red thing used to seal can is the "Gripper" and can be had from the Home Depot as can all of it. The drums that came with are not great but mine work fine.

Thanks for the help. Went to Lowe's yesterday and couldn't find the Gripper. I'll check HD on way to work.