Thread: AR Report

Here is a summation of our trip.

DIFFICULT hunting. We saw the most birds out there where we hunt since 99. They just wouldn't work, were very decoy shy but not call shy at all? We busted our asses to change things up, more decoys, less decoys, more calling, less calling, different locations - nothing worked. Saw the most pintails that I have ever seen, we probably had 500 come into a field on Sat. morning over 2 hours, but they wouldn't come in range - we only managed one drake. Kind of hard to coax them over when a couple hundred of their buddies are sitting in the middle of the field. We had a decent hunt on Sun. morning, killed 2 mallards, 11 gadwalls and a big canada goose. Then we only managed 2 pintail drakes yesterday morning and got home last night about 11:00. Yesterday morning all the fields were frozen, so we hunted a bayou where about 500 mallards and gadwalls were sitting on the water way up around a few bends. The farmer we were huting with even got pissed and drove his truck over there to get them flying and more than half of them wouldn't even get off the water when he drove his truck up 50 yds. from them.

Weirdest birds and hunting I've ever seen out there, but we had a good time and saw a lot and I would go back tomorrow if I could!
    SCMallard

Hunted Arkansas Thursday 1-13 thru Saturday 1-15. Our group killed 54 mallards and 4 woodies. Saw more working birds than I have ever seen. Great trip, I can hardly wait to go back.
    Christian Southern White Heterosexual Gun-Toting Male (The world's most hated minority)