Thread: Shot a big 8pt

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

There is a foot of arrow in that deer. That's an ass of arrow. I know deer are tough as shit, but with the info provided, I think this deer is dead.

I hate this for you
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    There is a foot of arrow in that deer. That's an ass of arrow. I know deer are tough as shit, but with the info provided, I think this deer is dead.

I hate this for you
    That's not much arrow at all. A lethal shot with a rifle can be hard to find with no exit wound. When you lose that, it gets exponentially harder unless they fall within 75 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    That's not much arrow at all. A lethal shot with a rifle can be hard to find with no exit wound. When you lose that, it gets exponentially harder unless they fall within 75 yards.

I helped a buddy track a deer thursday that he shot the day before with a rifle. Bone matter and bloody spray everywhere... not one sign of the deer after 175 yards. Searched for two days straight with waders and all - and nothing. Deer is gone- sucks, crap happens.