Thread: Fresh Start

I Am trying to start hunting the costal area of Sc. and I have no clue where to start. I hunted in Texas all my life and now i find myself in South Carolina with no where to hunt and no one that i tlak to knows where i can go publicly with out getting a guide and i really do not want to do that. Can any one help me out i am in the beaufort bluffton area. Please Help
    Fowl Player

First off welcome to the site.

Secondly, you did not have to start a poll to ask your questions.

You also mention that you want to hunt the coast, but have no idea where to start.

So, if I were you I'd get in your boat, buy a chart, and get familiar with the area. Plenty of places to go without the need for a guide. If your unsure whats legal, go get a rules and regs book from DNR, or just go to the website. Your not gonna find anyone to tell you exactly where to go. So, take a day and spend it in your boat riding around.

Good Luck

Welcome. He is your obligatory [img]graemlins/fu.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/booty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/piss2.gif[/img] welcome.

You mentioned something along the lines that you dont have a "place to hunt".

Get in the boat and ride. Scout. Use binoculars to watch birds. Dont use your boat to bust them up just to see what they are. They will move according to pressure/wind. When you find them, hunt em. They wont stick around...cause I guarantee you at least 10 other people are watching those same birds...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I a appreciate all the advice i guess i asked the wrong questions. I live near alot of houses and no matter what river I travel I seem to run into alot of residential areas and it seems that there is no where hunt from. Like I said I have been hunting for quite a while I just can't seem to find an area to actually open fire. I would never bust birds with a boat that is just childish, I really hate people who hunt like that and tend to turn them into the wardens. However i will try to run around some more and see what I turn up with. Again thanks for all the advise I hope that I can return the favor soon.
    Fowl Player

You're not far from the Savannah, there's not as much pressure on the birds down there. Got a bud whose in-laws live there and he hunts right on the river and only sees a few other groups if any at all.

You got the ACE basin right down the road also. If you can't find any ducks there you're not looking hard enough.

Good luck.
    Delta in a nutshell:Breeding grounds+small wetlands+big blocks of grass cover+predator removal+nesting structures+enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!
    Visit http://www.DeltaWaterfowl.org

No ducks in the ACE. The Basin is completely dry due to NO rain. Head WEST...
    SRS GRHRCH Big Black Dude II MH