Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Big Bucks and Tags

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkleberry Ridge Runner View Post
    Still waiting on some of you to explain to me how we are hurting the resource? While you are at it, explain to me why we have to change on OUR land in order to meet your "big buck" agenda? If not about big bucks then explain to my why if it was about numbers we would simply cut the number of does that can be harvested but yet the 4 and 4 plan doesn't do that.
    Catdaddy?
    Cali?
    Bigtimber?
    Visor?
    Santee?
    Walt?
    Jevans?
    FBT?
    Drakey?

SCSwitchback thanks for your answer.
    I am for growing bigger antlered bucks in SC. I said it...you happy now? You continue to come up with scenarios all you want, my position is just that simple. Nothing more, nothing less. I also said that I may be more in favor for some sort of check in system then the tags themselves because I'd like for DNR to be able to gather more accurate data on our herd. Tags will not do that.

Quote Originally Posted by PBiz View Post
    Bo, to grow big bucks Bo..
    How many deer did you kill last year? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    4 buck tags will still allow for it. You can shoot 4 cowhorns

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Drakey View Post
    How many deer did you kill last year? Just curious.
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

:bangsheadagainstwalluntilunconscious:
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Ok we get it, whats keeping Bubba from not tagging his deer? How will this be enforced? I am not driving a deer from my lease/club to a check station or telecheck. How do they plan on making sure this new great rulebook is adhered to?
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”

― Norman Maclean

So what's your issue with having 2 buck tags? Assuming you didn't kill 5 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    and SRR, why do you keep dragging this out? this is not a one size fits all plan. I get that, but change, of some kind is coming. nobody is telling you for this season you and your club can't continue to do what's you've always done, carry on. but I would suggest y'all be prepared to do something different next year.
    we hunters as a whole can't continue to do the same things for year after year and see a negative impact. At some point we need to try and put a plan in place to try and mange the resource for the future.
    What you just stated is why I am dragging it out. We (meaning where I hunt) have NOT, again have NOT been hurting the resource. Period. Which is why I keep asking the question - Why do "we" have to change? Rocket have you read what I have typed? Over 20 years of killing 120-140 bucks a YEAR with 30% or more being over 3.5 years old. We have the records to back it up. I keep dragging it our because the system for "us" is NOT broke. Period. And not one single person has been able to type a reasonable viewpoint to prove otherwise.
    Would you like to directly answer the question?
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkleberry Ridge Runner View Post
    What you just stated is why I am dragging it out. We (meaning where I hunt) have NOT, again have NOT been hurting the resource. Period. Which is why I keep asking the question - Why do "we" have to change? Rocket have you read what I have typed? Over 20 years of killing 120-140 bucks a YEAR with 30% or more being over 3.5 years old. We have the records to back it up. I keep dragging it our because the system for "us" is NOT broke. Period. And not one single person has been able to type a reasonable viewpoint to prove otherwise.
    Would you like to directly answer the question?
    Would you like Billy Bob down the road from your lease to be able to kill as many bucks as he would like? Every time a buck comes off of your property, bam...he's dead. After all that work and money you've put into food plots and scouting, some guy down the street kills every buck he sees.
    Yall probably have a good management system in place but the property owners around you may not. A tagging system would force them (assuming they're law abiding citizens) to only kill a certain number of bucks.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're not a trophy hunter.
    And I will go out on a limb and say that either your reading comprehension is limited or possibly you have not been reading the many posts on the tagging proposal. At the house we shoot mature deer except for kids (which most who hunt my place are still choosey about what they shoot) or someone who has never killed a deer. I may go a year and not kill a single deer depending on circumstances. I may kill 10 a year. As long as I am not hurting the resource, what difference does it make?
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

So what's your issue with having 2 buck tags? Assuming you didn't kill 5 bucks.
    I killed 5 bucks...

(2) 3 1/2 yr old 9pts
    (1) 4 1/2 yr old 6pt
    (2) 2 1/2 yr old 6 pts

My issue with buck tags are the multiple reasons "we" need them..

Not enough deer.
    Bucks are too small.
    Bubba kills to many.
    Killing what some people kill is going to make them go extinct..

Everyone around us, minus a few 40/50acre pieces of heir property, practice some fashion of QDMA..

Not a single one of those pieces of property have a problem with us killing forked horn bucks and not killing many does..

Why?

Because it has no negative bearing on their property.. It does however push our older deer on them at the first of the season, not to be seen again (they may be back in Jan)..

So if I am not negatively affecting my neighbor or depleting the resource, why on earth should 25 million internet biologists tell me what is best for the deer on my property..

The club has been hunting together since 37' and actually became a club in 52', I think we are fine..

Would you like Billy Bob down the road from your lease to be able to kill as many bucks as he would like? Every time a buck comes off of your property, bam...he's dead. After all that work and money you've put into food plots and scouting, some guy down the street kills every buck he sees.
    Yall probably have a good management system in place but the property owners around you may not. A tagging system would force them (assuming they're law abiding citizens) to only kill a certain number of bucks.
    Does Billy Bob not spend money on deer hunting?

I'd like to see how much money our club has put back into the ground..

Fertilizer, Fence, Seed, Trucks, GPS tracking systems, Corn, ATV's (because we wouldn't dare tear the roads up when wet), Gates, Clubhouse, Diesel, Tractor parts.. Well, you get it.

I killed 5 bucks...

(2) 3 1/2 yr old 9pts
    (1) 4 1/2 yr old 6pt
    (2) 2 1/2 yr old 6 pts

My issue with buck tags are the multiple reasons "we" need them..

Not enough deer.
    Bucks are too small.
    Bubba kills to many.
    Killing what some people kill is going to make them go extinct..

Everyone around us, minus a few 40/50acre pieces of heir property, practice some fashion of QDMA..

Not a single one of those pieces of property have a problem with us killing forked horn bucks and not killing many does..

Why?

Because it has no negative bearing on their property.. It does however push our older deer on them at the first of the season, not to be seen again (they may be back in Jan)..

So if I am not negatively affecting my neighbor or depleting the resource, why on earth should 25 million internet biologists tell me what is best for the deer on my property..

The club has been hunting together since 37' and actually became a club in 52', I think we are fine..
    So why not kill the 4 1/2 year old and 4 does? If you eat 5 deer during the year.

I could give a huge crap about eating a deer...

Why not kill the 5 bucks I killed?

Because a pamphlet told you otherwise?

This is getting old, very old, boring and monotonous!
    It's gonna happen soon, real soon and y'all will get used to it or maybe you can move somewhere that the majority of hunters don't care so you can shoot all the bucks you want.
    Regardless, enjoy your 4x4 tags coming to a theater near you!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    This is getting old, very old, boring and monotonous!
    It's gonna happen soon, real soon and y'all will get used to it or maybe you can move somewhere that the majority of hunters don't care so you can shoot all the bucks you want.
    Regardless, enjoy your 4x4 tags coming to a theater near you!
    Maybe a good dose of CWD will wipe them all out...

So why not kill the 4 1/2 year old and 4 does? If you eat 5 deer during the year.

This is truly the mentality that pisses me off...........you can go in the direction of f............

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Does Billy Bob not spend money on deer hunting?

I'd like to see how much money our club has put back into the ground..

Fertilizer, Fence, Seed, Trucks, GPS tracking systems, Corn, ATV's (because we wouldn't dare tear the roads up when wet), Gates, Clubhouse, Diesel, Tractor parts.. Well, you get it.
    What if he doesn't...outside of license? What if he just walks out the back door and shoots the first thing he sees which just happens to be a young buck. That's one buck tag gone. Chances are, he's not going to waste his other one on a 4 pointer.

The law isn't for the people who actually manage their deer herd. It forces the "brown it's down" people to be a little more choosey.

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    This is truly the mentality that pisses me off...........you can go in the direction of f............
    Why is that? Chances are, the buck to doe ratio is probably 15:1.

Why is that? Chances are, the buck to doe ratio is probably 15:1.

Chances are? Well hell Cletus you'd fit right in with Charles Ruth and his band of magical number makers.........hot damn!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/