Thread: YouTube HD

Default YouTube HD

For you tech savvy guys,

About a month or two ago the HD options on my YT disappeared...occasionally a video will auto play in HD, but 99 percent of them don't even have that option anymore, 480p seems to be the "best" available. Almost all of my subs are recording in HD so what do I have to do to get that back? Did I miss an update or something?
    Cast and Blast 17 w/ Opti power

I believe it's a preference setting in your youtube account. Best available is determined by your internet connection speed. So, that could vary depending on where you are, or what device you are using.

If there's a way to have it always use HD regardless, someone let us know

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    I believe it's a preference setting in your youtube account. Best available is determined by your internet connection speed. So, that could vary depending on where you are, or what device you are using.

If there's a way to have it always use HD regardless, someone let us know

I looked into that last night after doing some more research. That is a setting that's available, but to me, that shouldn't eliminate the upper quality...I have a blistering quick connection at home, and I should still be able to manually choose an HD quality if I wanted

you can still change a video to whatever speed you want, bottom right inside the video. the gear icon. if the HD option isn't there, then it wasn't recorded in HD.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post
    you can still change a video to whatever speed you want, bottom right inside the video. the gear icon. if the HD option isn't there, then it wasn't recorded in HD.

Yea that's what I'm referring too. The option isn't there, but i know for a fact that several of my regular subscriptions record everything in HD and the option isn't there..