Thread: Taxidermy Work

Anyone know a good taxidemest to take some ducks to. I have some I want to get mounted from last season.

Denny Stacey, Marion, SC.

Danny Stanley
    Loris, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by dfasano View Post
    Don't speak for all of us.....stupid son a of a bitch (Dabo Swinney) needs to be spending his free time learning to coach instead of coming up with gay ass sayings.

Buddy Piner
    Gresham SC

If you would like you could come by my house and look at his work i live in cheraw now.
    The best time to do something is between yesterday and tomorrow

DO NOT use JC Rice-Laurens,SC

I've had numerous people PM me asking why NOT to use JC Rice. He is a brief recap of my experience with him...

I took him a double banded greenhead i killed last Nov. in Ark. His work looked very nice and professional. He told me $200 and 3-6 months maybe sooner. Paid deposit and left it with him. 8 months later I hadn't heard anything so i called him. didn't want to put any pressure on him to rush it but just wanted to know what was up!? His number was DISCONNECTED! So I drove out there to his shop (45 mins from my house). He said he told me 9-12 months but because of the confusion, if i went ahead and paid the rest of the money he would put me next and get it done in 3 weeks. I really wanted it back so I paid him the rest of the money. STUPID ME!!!!!!! 4 1/2 weeks later haven't heard from him so I call his new number and he says he was gonna call me that night. anyways i go to pick it up and as i walk in he points to the wall and asks how i like it. ...he was pointing to a small shitty looking shot up mallard with a blackish beak and yellowy legs with no bands, mounted in the position I wanted!!! i thought he was joking! i then see a double banded duck mounted with a display of other ducks on the other side of the room.

The idiot mounted my duck for someone else and mounted their shitty duck in my position!!!

Mad as a SOB but nicely I pointed out his mistake and after some argueing he admitted he fucked up.

I asked for the bands and my money back and he told me that he wasn't gonna give my money back. Said instead that he would mount something else for me at no charge.

I had to end up threatening him with legal action to get my money back.

Bottom line is.....1 year later -finally got my money and bands back; but that sorry SOB ruined my priceless duck and really didn't care about it!!!!

So my goal is to inform everyone and ruin his business!!!

Next time.....keep the bands until you get it back. Then you put the bands on the duck.

Or take it to a reputable taxidermist like Keith Crout that specializes in Waterfowl.

Scd…I highly recommend Charlie Parker in Denmark (just north of Bamberg). He only mounts waterfowl and won the national taxidermy competition in waterfowl. $180/bird (if I recall correctly). Very nice work. Will be glad to e-mail you some pics if you are interested.
    If you don't know me how could I offend you?

If you are not a member of Delta or DU then you are living on duck welfare.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Johnny Reb,
    Did he at least give you a reach around or a kiss? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Damn Reb you got me nervous now, I have a Blue goose at the taxidermist that Candor is speaking of that has a neck collar and leg band on it.Man I'd be some kind of pissed!!!
    80-20 Genaration

Duckman, Charlie seemed to be one of the better people I've met. I wouldn't worry about that one.

I can second Denny Stacey, and we have some ducks coming from Charlie Parker anytime now if you want me to let you know how those turn out.