Thread: Overgrown clover

Default Overgrown clover

Last winter we planted durana and Crimson clover. Due to other things taking up my time, I have not been able to spray it like I should. It is now grown up with Johnson grass and weeds still good clover Lower to the grown.

What I want to know is what is the best way to try to save it. I feel like if I cut it with the bush hog it the grass will mate up and nothing will be able to grow what are y'all's suggestions.

I don't know of any other control methods than bush hogging. I bush hog mine when the weeds get high and I springs back up thicker. Its pretty resilient stuff!

Cut no more than the top 1/3 of it, let it rebound for a couple weeks, then spray it with poast grass killer.
    rip Dakota

Cut it like rocketman said then spray arrest on it. whitetail institute makes it
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Poast Plus will kill the johnsongrass and other grasses without damaging the clover. Mowing will help manage the broadleaf weeds.
    That the Tiger's roar may echo.....

Crimson should all be seeded out and dead by now.
    Unless you've been hitting on some rain showers and depending on the type of soil, the Durana may go into remission until it's gets some moisture.
    If its lush and growing strong, cut it a little high as suggested just above the top of the clover.
    If it's short and not growing well in the heat, cut it tight and spray to control the grasses.
    FYI, consider a pre-emerg application over the Durana next spring or direct seed Aysch. or Alyce clover for the summer.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Wicking may also be an option
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

Quote Originally Posted by mudeagle View Post
    Wicking may also be an option
    Wicking is a pain in the ass.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!