Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diesel Mechanic needed!!!

Default Diesel Mechanic needed!!!

Need a good reliable Diesel Mechanic. Someone trustworthy that will do me right. Im in Hartsville, and am willing to take it to wherever I need to, to get it looked at and taken care of. This is my work truck, and I rely on it every day. So I need it looked and diagnosed quickly. I don't want to take it to someone who is going to take advantage of me, because I do not know anything about what is right and wrong with Diesel engines. This is a 2000 F350 with a 7.3. I took It to Pee Dee fleet and had a bad experience about 6 months ago. So I would rather not use them again. They were extremely over priced and informed me that the other trucks were being used for the drivers livelihood (unlike me apparently) so I was put last, and received poor service. Then ended up with a broken down truck 2 days later.

The issue I'm having does not happen all the time but has popped up several times sense October. While driving down the interstate I will start losing power, until ultimately the truck slows down to around 30 and has a hard time going up hills. I can drive the truck around fine locally but when going on long trips the issue pops up. In October we replaced one of the fuel pumps and the fuel filter. The problem seemed to go away for a couple months. It popped up one time, and then went away. Now it popped up again on a trip last weekend. I was on a 300 mile trip. Had to stop every 50 or 60 miles when I would start losing power. I could stop the truck, prime it back up, and she would run for a while ok, mainly when I kept the speed under 55. I had the injectors checked, one was weak, but others were ok. Any advice, help, and info on who could really help me out would be greatly appreciated it....
    Bay Creek Kennels- Hartsville, SC
    Owner/Trainer- Rhett Riddle
    Retriever & Obedience Training
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:
    HRCH Ace's Costa Del Mar MH. "Costa" 500 Point Club
    GRHRCH Costa's Signature Blend MH "Crown" 500 Point Club
    3x GRHRCH Crown of Ace's in Costa's Shadow MH QAA “Craig”

KRT?

You had the high pressure oil pump looked at? IIRC, about everything on that engine runs off that pump.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I took it to the only guy in town I trust, and he doesn't know much about Diesels.
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:

Take it to KRT ... I'm only 15 minutes away from you, and every time I need anything done to my truck (an F350), or my wife's car, I drive it to Lexington.

If KRT is too far, look up Bells Diesel in Camden, right at the end of Old Stagecoach coming in from Hartsville, turn left on Hwy 1 into the median, then left into his lot. Comes highly recommended, and stays in work.
    Last edited by Slaya; 04-13-2015 at 10:23 AM.

Does it smoke when it's strarts loosing power?

Replace the fuel tank with an aftermarket plastic tank. then clean the fuel sending unit and replace filter. Trust me on this one, I have a bunch of them and have had to do everyone.

Check the air filter

Quote Originally Posted by teal74 View Post
    Replace the fuel tank with an aftermarket plastic tank. then clean the fuel sending unit and replace filter. Trust me on this one, I have a bunch of them and have had to do everyone.

Where do you get an aftermarket fuel tank
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:

Online. They Will Ship To Your door.

Quote Originally Posted by HuntinCosta View Post
    Need a good reliable Diesel Mechanic. Someone trustworthy that will do me right. Im in Hartsville, and am willing to take it to wherever I need to, to get it looked at and taken care of. This is my work truck, and I rely on it every day. So I need it looked and diagnosed quickly. I don't want to take it to someone who is going to take advantage of me, because I do not know anything about what is right and wrong with Diesel engines. This is a 2000 F350 with a 7.3. I took It to Pee Dee fleet and had a bad experience about 6 months ago. So I would rather not use them again. They were extremely over priced and informed me that the other trucks were being used for the drivers livelihood (unlike me apparently) so I was put last, and received poor service. Then ended up with a broken down truck 2 days later.

The issue I'm having does not happen all the time but has popped up several times sense October. While driving down the interstate I will start losing power, until ultimately the truck slows down to around 30 and has a hard time going up hills. I can drive the truck around fine locally but when going on long trips the issue pops up. In October we replaced one of the fuel pumps and the fuel filter. The problem seemed to go away for a couple months. It popped up one time, and then went away. Now it popped up again on a trip last weekend. I was on a 300 mile trip. Had to stop every 50 or 60 miles when I would start losing power. I could stop the truck, prime it back up, and she would run for a while ok, mainly when I kept the speed under 55. I had the injectors checked, one was weak, but others were ok. Any advice, help, and info on who could really help me out would be greatly appreciated it....

Good friend of mine is an excellent diesel mechanic with a shop in Mullins. Always puts a guarantee on his work. PM me if you're interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you text me the other night? I don't have you stored and forgot to respond.
    More fuel = more boost!!

KRT can you come to Meeks on Thursday and fix Stan's tractor... I'll pay you in cash and buy all your beer for Thursday and Friday nights.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Stan will cook dinner and drink most of our beer... Welcome to hunt too.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Did you text me the other night? I don't have you stored and forgot to respond.
    Yes I did
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of:

Quote Originally Posted by CAMO SNOB View Post
    KRT can you come to Meeks on Thursday and fix Stan's tractor... I'll pay you in cash and buy all your beer for Thursday and Friday nights.
    Feels good to be needed...
    More fuel = more boost!!

The pick up gets corroded I agree....but usually symptoms happen below a 1/4 of a tank. Atleast my experience.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    The pick up gets corroded I agree....but usually symptoms happen below a 1/4 of a tank. Atleast my experience.
    It was low when it started doing it on the way back. When I filled up it ran better for the next 120 miles and then did it again.
    Cell-803-608-2252

Home of: