Thread: Labs ear infection?

Default Labs ear infection?

My wife took our 6yo lab to the vet last week because she was losing hair on the base of her tail. (Bloodwork showed it to be allergies) While getting checked out the vet told her she has a double ear infection. She pulled some gunk out of her ears with a pick and put an ointment in them.

Literally the next day she stop hearing. I am fairly confident she is deff now and not sure why. I called the vet and she played it as "no I'm sure she is just not listening to you"

just yesterday she was sleeping against the storm door while the family was out to dinner, when we got home my 2yo rang the doorbell a solid 10 times and she snored through every one of them.

Anybody ever experience something like this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

Yes...her hearing will come back. Could have ruptured the ear drums or something but those will heal. My lab has really bad ears. So much so that we had to cut his vertical ear canal out/open so the horizontal canal would/could drain and breath.

There are some dogs that have idiosyncratic hearing loss after application of otic products. I think most are temporary. A compounded product called BNT is usually the culprit. I don't use or prescribe it so I really can't address prognosis
    Last edited by Zephyr; 03-28-2015 at 11:45 AM.
    Hunting outside the box