Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: E collar

Why not send the dog to a trainer for a couple months.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

That arc looks awesome!

FWIW, the 1900ncp has done me really well, I picked one up on here used from someone for a good deal. I replaced both batteries, and the new ones hold a long charge. If I had known about the arc, I'd probably have gone that way

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Why not send the dog to a trainer for a couple months.
    $$$$$$

Plus I'd like to do it myself.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

I have a DT Systems collar that is about 12 years old. I just replaced the original batteries. It works great. It is beat up like heck, but like a Timex, it still keeps on ticking. I am sure there are a lot of folks here who know more about it than me, but I would suggest that you put the collar on the dog at least an hour before you work with him till at least an hour after you work with him. If not, he will get collar wise and learn to behave well when it is on and not so when it is off. Another thing..... don't let them see the transmitter. They need to think that it is the hand of God zapping them, not you pushing a button on a little box. Basically a collar is used to correct what they already know is incorrect behavior, not so much to teach them what they don't know.

I had a hard headed choc lab once. She behaved well on the CC, but once she was out of my reach, she was going to do what she wanted to do. The e collar gave me much longer arms. It transformed my ability to control her behavior.

Another thing.....if you get mad at the dog, put the dog up and turn the collar off until you cool down. Your use of the collar needs to be a measured response, not a venting of anger.
    Last edited by CWPINST; 02-20-2015 at 01:21 PM.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

will the charger and charging cradle work on a tri tronics sport basic g2. if so im interested in it if you get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing Nut View Post
    Dogtra... close thread.

SOOOOO right...............

Bought a Dogtra right after post and no complaints. I am new to backyard training but well worth the money.