Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Should Canoes and Kayaks be licenced by DNR?

well life aint fair sometimes princess.

aren't motors taxed because of the (public) air, water, and noise pollution they cause?

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post

aren't motors taxed because of the (public) air, water, and noise pollution they cause?
    Nope, they are taxed because we are too big of pussies to revolt and hold the government accountable. The income of a few has to cover the inadequacies of many. Go lottery, yaaayyyyyyy
    You can grow up to be just like me....

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBuckTX View Post

They are taxed because at one time a politician somewhere convinced a group of citizens they should be mad at boat owners and the best way to get back at them was to make them pay. Much like what is happening with Griffin. Get em all riled up and then start passing laws.

Well, the price of puttin in at the house just went up. Up to a case from a 18 pack.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Well, the price of puttin in at the house just went up. Up to a case from a 18 pack.
    That's some bullshit right there now......

Wait.....that's down.

I'm down.

Carry on.

I hunt and fish with a Yak. At dark and early morning hours Kayakers are required to use one light seen from 360 degrees. I choose to do more by having port and starbord lights as well as a bright running light. Never had any issues with boat traffic. Now to respond to the boaters that are pissed at boat ramps the same can be said for boaters who take their freaking time to launch the boat. If you are quick about it then I have no problem with anyone launching any kind of vessel. But I have seen more times then not the ones holding up the boat ramps are usually boaters not Yaks.

Is anyone even sure that the money from boat registration goes to building ramps?

There in inherent risk with anything...we do NOT need anymore regulation! The sad thing is, the family of some moron who gets killed in a kayak by a person in a motorized boat is going to try to sue the pants off of the person driving the boat. Same thing with bicyclists. People need to be smart and not put other people in those situations. I don't give a shit about the kayaker or the bicyclist, however I feel for the operator of the motorized machine who has to live with the fact that they killed someone.

Quote Originally Posted by SpitinImage View Post
    Stupid question, but I don't hunt big water. I just hunt local ponds and beaver dams for woodies. So, how does one paddle around safely before sunrise in a kayak? They use navigation lights? I would be a little uneasy so low to the water with boats runnin around at dark. Or even flippin a yak on someones wake.... Buncha knuckleheads with mud motors runnin to a duck hole would worry me most
    My previous rant was in response to this. People playing in unmotorized toys need to stay out of the travel path of motorized machines. When there is a collision, guess what...the machine always wins! My great aunt killed an idiot on a bike going through a busy intersection about 10 years ago. My great aunt was in her 70's, but was in great health. It was NOT her fault! After that, she quit driving and started having heart trouble. She died less than a year later. I know for a FACT that the accident worried her to death. Keep the fucking toys out if the way of machines!