Thread: I Could Have Some Fun Here

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default I Could Have Some Fun Here

Wasn't sure where to put this, saltwater or freshwater. Tarpon can live in either and there is a freshwater lake near Boca Raton that has tarpon. I read the lake where this was filmed is a private/subdivision lake that is well protected by those who live there.

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

A buddy of mine said he heard of a guy in either lower SC or Georgia that had a freshwater pond that was stocked with redfish. First I had heard of it but it might be common knowledge by a lot of y'all, if it's even true.

I've heard of spot tails being in brackish water, flounder too.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 10-17-2014 at 09:15 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Texas has several freshwater lakes with a strong redfish population.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

We've caught redfish up river from Samsworth, fishing for bass.

I've seen the flounder that came out of the ICW in Conway.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

The biggest flounder I've ever caught on hook and line came from an impoundment pond on Bulls Island. We were bass fishing and I was using a plastic worm, back when plastic worms were a very new, mostly unheard of thing. A friend of my daddy gave me one. We already had a limit of largemouths.

Blue crabs and titty bream could be caught in this same impoundment.

Snook and tarpon are regular visitors to the freshwater canals here.
    "Blessed is the man... who makes one word grow where two grew before" - Havilah Babcock

You might as well learn that a man who catches fish or shoots game has got to make it fit to eat before he sleeps. Otherwise it’s all a waste and a sin to take it if you can’t use it.” - Robert Ruark

"Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing " -Benjamin Franklin

Are those elusive silver kings eating hotdogs????
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

Shot a legal flounder just below the fish lift in the Santee, shot a legal redfish at the mouth of durham creek, seen flounder almost to the dock restraint but not any good ones.
    You can grow up to be just like me....

Fishing in the creeks upriver of Santee Delta West, casting a plastic worm into small outlets on a falling tide. Cast one, pound and a half largemouth. Cast two, two pound flounder. Cast three, one pound largemouth.

Flounder, spottails, sharks, rays, tarpon, snook, and I'm sure a few others can make a dang good living in fresh water.

There is a small freshwater pond down in St Simons that is loaded with tarpon and drum. Loaded.

From my own experience, it appears to be a pretty smooth transition for certain salt water species to cross over into fresh. Not sure if its possible for a fresh water species to go into salt and survive for long. Maybe some species of eels. But then, maybe they were a saltwater native to begin with. Not sure.
    Last edited by Fish; 10-18-2014 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Tom View Post
    Are those elusive silver kings eating hotdogs????

No. You are in the South now Capt. Down here a hot dog has a wiener, bun, chili and any or all of the following. Slaw, onions, pickles, kitchen sink, etc, along with mayo, ketchup, mustard, hot sauce (mix and match to your delight on the condiments).

But it ain't a hot dog without the bun. What those silver kings are eating is weenies.

Note: Just thought I'd correct you on the geographical differences in terminology so that you wouldn't get embarrassed later on somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    Bull sharks go way up the rivers here. The locals won't swim a lot in brackish water.
    From what I've read bull sharks can live in fresh, not just brackish.

Before all the dams were built on the Savannah River a little girl was killed by a bull shark in Augusta, Ga. There have been a lot of people bitten or killed by bull sharks on rivers hundreds of miles inland in several states on the East Coast.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 10-20-2014 at 01:08 PM.

Lake Nicaragua.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton