Thread: American Sniper (the movie)

Default American Sniper (the movie)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZtrhRRw53Y[/ame]

we always wind down by going to the movies on Christmas night....yup, this'll be it

Movie Doubleheader on Christmas Day.

"Unbroken" and "American Sniper"
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Choot 'em!
    "We have become so open minded that our brains have fallen out"

I want to see that movie but i have a hard time with it opening on Christmas day.
    For some reason that bothers me.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I'll wait until it comes out on Netflix. That way I can fast forward to the good parts and ignore all of the silly drama crap.
    "We have become so open minded that our brains have fallen out"

That movie is gonna be sweet!! Plus Clint Eastwood is directing it!!
    "Fun hipster shit is just poor Latino shit from 10 years ago"

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    I want to see that movie but i have a hard time with it opening on Christmas day.
    For some reason that bothers me.

It's not just THIS movie, I've never understood ANY movie opening on Christmas day. What people go to a movie theater on Christmas Day?

Christmas is for celebrating the birth of Christ, being with family, eating too much, and if time allows, sitting in the woods trying to make something dead.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    It's not just THIS movie, I've never understood ANY movie opening on Christmas day. What people go to a movie theater on Christmas Day?

Christmas is for celebrating the birth of Christ, being with family, eating too much, and if time allows, sitting in the woods trying to make something dead.......

huh?.....it's our family tradition and one of the very few times we can get together and relax....we've been going to the movies for probably 15 years now....to heck with all the hustle and bustle that's become Christmas these days.....hard to spend time with my family when i'm in a tree.....to each his own i guess

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post

I agree, but several of my Jewish friends say that going to the movies on Christmas is one of their traditions......interesting.....never would have figured. They say that about half the folks in theaters on Christmas are Jewish folks. I guess it depends on where you live.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Its got potential, but I hope the details aren't as screwed up as this trailer.

Maybe its cut from different scenes, but his scope morphs from a Leupy to a Nightforce and back to a Leupy.

One thing is for damn sure, scopes don't make an audible "Click" when adjusting the magnification. Freaking Hollywood.

My only faith is that Clint will get it squared away.

Quote Originally Posted by CWPINST View Post
    I agree, but several of my Jewish friends say that going to the movies on Christmas is one of their traditions......interesting.....never would have figured. They say that about half the folks in theaters on Christmas are Jewish folks. I guess it depends on where you live.
    At today's movie prices that is surprising.

Haha

My issue isn't about movie theaters being open on Christmas, that's their choice. My issue is with what this movie is about (the life of an American Sniper, who did his job, but was killed trying to help a fellow soldier back in the US). Christmas is about the birth of Christ but this movie is about the taking of lives. I would rather see this movie open the day after instead of on Christmas.
    That's just my .02 and we all know it doesn't mean much.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?