Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NoDak

Jab, there are not near enough spoonies in the second pic.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by gundogguru View Post

Oh shit your hunting my ranch???
    You go up there and hunt one spot?

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTYDUCK View Post
    Not going till Nov 1st this year taking the advise of some locals!
    Our group has left on the 3rd of November the last two years. The weather is pretty constant that time of year with an occasional flurry. This year I'm not leaving to go until October 30ish. I'm not worried about a big snow and I've got a friend up there who told me to come up a little later too. I'm gonna take what I normally wear. I hope we'll start to see more northern birds by going later, but then, if it isn't cold enough to push them, they'll stay where they are as long as there's food. I see no additional "risk" in going a little later. Don't over think it.

It's nice when you can really see green when you pull the trigger.
    Last edited by Fish; 09-27-2014 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTYDUCK View Post
    Not going till Nov 1st this year taking the advise of some locals! What do yall think ????????????????
    October is safer.

We always go the second week of October. We have seen weather in the 70's and one week where the temp never got above 34. We've had as much as 6-7 inches of snow. That state is the most unpredictable one I've ever hunted in.
    Professor
    Carolina American Water Spaniels

UH HR GCH CH Carolina's Wild March Hare MH JHR RAE OA OAJ AF WDS CGC TDI (Bunny)
    UH HRCH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN WDS CGC TDI (Gumbo) HRC 1500 Point Club (RIP)
    BISS HR GCH Carolina's Running With the Hare JHR SH WDX CGC TDI (Blew)
    HRCH GCH CH Carolina's Tale of the Hare SH MHR WDX (Bea)
    Carolina's Three Duck Limit (Rio)

Quote Originally Posted by gundogguru View Post
    Oh shit your hunting my ranch??? LOL. I know you will have a good time now. Terrance and Miss Carol are the nicest people you will ever meet. The Duck shack is quit interesting.
    Lol yeah. I knew I was.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Bested by Tee. Just damn...

Quote Originally Posted by Professor View Post
    We always go the second week of October. We have seen weather in the 70's and one week where the temp never got above 34. We've had as much as 6-7 inches of snow. That state is the most unpredictable one I've ever hunted in.
    Professor
    This^^

It can freeze up as early as the second weekend of Oct, and the later you go, the more likely you'll be staring at as ice skating as your only outdoor activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    You go up there and hunt one spot?

Our group has left on the 3rd of November the last two years. The weather is pretty constant that time of year with an occasional flurry. This year I'm not leaving to go until October 30ish. I'm not worried about a big snow and I've got a friend up there who told me to come up a little later too. I'm gonna take what I normally wear. I hope we'll start to see more northern birds by going later, but then, if it isn't cold enough to push them, they'll stay where they are as long as there's food. I see no additional "risk" in going a little later. Don't over think it.

It's nice when you can really see green when you pull the trigger.
    I would say the "risk" is that if you don't get a new push of ducks then you hunting birds that have been pressured by every idiot that heads to ND every year because they all you to do is show up to kill mallards. Grant it, without new birds it is still light years better than SC.
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

At least you didn't say granite.

Sorry its past my bedtime.
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

[QUOTE=Fish;1776509]You go up there and hunt one spot?

No but we stay on the same ranch. We have about 10K acres to hunt. Over the years I have made friends with several ranchers that let us hunt the place.
    Proud owner of 3 AKC.Bench Champion MASTER HUNTERS

Quote Originally Posted by Tee View Post
    Lol yeah. I knew I was.
    Just make sure you guys sign the wall when your done. Along with body count.
    Proud owner of 3 AKC.Bench Champion MASTER HUNTERS