Thread: experienced gator hunter with boat, crossbows, harpoons available

Default experienced gator hunter with boat, crossbows, harpoons available

posted this in CharlestonFishing and thought I'd post here as well in case anyone needs someone to hunt with.

I started gator hunting 4 years ago and am a bit obsessed with it. I didn't pull a tag this year so I've been taking friends that got tags... I have my boat set up for gator hunting, 2 crossbows rigged for gator (gator-aider, steeleforce broadheads, bolts....etc), harpoon, bang stick, lights... pretty much everything you need. I've been out with a local guide in the past and I'm planning on guiding next year once I get my captains license. Most of my hunting has been in Midlands and one hunt at Bear Island WMA (cousin pulled a bear island WMA tag a few years ago).

I thought I would offer my assistance because I'm always up for going. If anyone has a tag and doesn't have the equipment or experience or just needs an extra person my schedule is flexible and I'd be more than happy to go. Last year I had a public tag and had a problem with people cancelling on me and gator hunting is not something you want to do by yourself (although I considered it). So if anyone needs someone to go with send me a PM

Going for my southern coastal next weekend, you know anything about that area?

I helped a friend fill a tag there last year. I'm fairly familiar with the area and headed down that way Sunday to hunt Bear Island on Monday.

I'm familiar with the area as I used to hunt double breasted mattress thrashers down there quite a bit... unfortunately, my license was revoked 14 years ago and I'm no longer permitted to pursue that species.

Quote Originally Posted by ElCidRocker View Post
    I'm familiar with the area as I used to hunt double breasted mattress thrashers down there quite a bit... unfortunately, my license was revoked 14 years ago and I'm no longer permitted to pursue that species.
    That's awesome!

I got a tagg and need some help. My tagg is for the Berkeley,Charleston and Dorchester. My buddy who has the boat that I normally go with is unavailable. Send me a pm if interested

Quote Originally Posted by ElCidRocker View Post
    Should've got the Conservation Permit...

pm sent