Thread: Dylan Thompson Faith, Family, Football

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default Dylan Thompson Faith, Family, Football

Faith, Family, Football: South Carolina QB Dylan Thompson

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Know some girls that went to HS with him, said he was a class act at B.S. as well.
    1754 War Eagle
    90 Yamaha 2Stroke

Quote Originally Posted by tbagwell24ducks View Post
    Know some girls that went to HS with him, said he was a class act at B.S. as well.
    "B.S."?

Biological Sciences?
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    "B.S."?

Biological Sciences?
    Boiling Springs, SC.

Ahh...gotcha

I hope he goes 11-1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”

I've never met Dylan, but his dad umpired a lot of games I caught growing up and through high school. Seems like a really good guy. After I graduated college I lived at home for a couple of years with my mom in a town right beside Boiling Springs, I also worked part time for the county at a big rec baseball complex. I would always see him around town and at the complex when he was umpiring and we would usually speak ... I never even knew his son was Dylan Thompson until we were talking about football one day and he faintly eluded to it and I put 2 and 2 together. He's a great guy and it seems like it's a great family from everything I've read and saw. I hope he has a good season this year.

His younger brother looked like a blue chip recruit last gigh school season but I haven't much lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    His younger brother looked like a blue chip recruit last gigh school season but I haven't much lately.
    I think USC has showed some interest.. Preferred walk- on or something of that sort.
    1754 War Eagle
    90 Yamaha 2Stroke

Cajun Lab is his cousin..

Great kid
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

He is good peeps

Quote Originally Posted by The Conservative View Post
    I hope he goes 11-1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree, great to see stuff about the GOOD KIDS in college football.

Looks like a GREAT role model for anyone regardless if you are a USuC or Clemson fan or anyone else

You can really tell that there is a great family background there and that is what is missing in so many kids lives today

I wish him luck tonight

My exact numbers may be wrong, but I heard the other day that since he's been at USC, he has spoken to like 95 different church groups.
    Last edited by Luvin' Labs; 08-28-2014 at 03:36 PM.

That's great no matter the Jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    My exact numbers may be wrong, but I heard the other day that since he's been at USC, he spoken to like 95 different church groups.
    I believe it. He drove to Anderson one Sunday night by himself to speak at a church.
    1754 War Eagle
    90 Yamaha 2Stroke

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    My exact numbers may be wrong, but I heard the other day that since he's been at USC, he has spoken to like 95 different church groups.
    Off by 20...

75...regardless, a stand up dude no less.
    Last edited by reeltight; 08-28-2014 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Off by 20...

75...regardless, a stand up dude no less.
    That's still saying a lot about him. He's not the least bit embarrassed by his faith. Nowadays, and even back in my day, a lot of kids were embarrassed to profess their faith around their peers. Dylan is not only not ashamed of it, he's proud of it and wants to share the 'Good Word' with other kids/people.

If it's His will I hope the Lord keeps blessing him with the athletics and helps him to gain more attention so that he will have an even larger platform from which to share the Word. There aren't many like him out there and we need all we can get in today's world. There are just too many kids that weren't raised with a faithful background. They know nothing about it or they think it's lame. Dylan can change that with a lot of them.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 08-28-2014 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    That's still saying a lot about him. He's not the least bit embarrassed by his faith. Nowadays, and even back in my day, a lot of kids were embarrassed to profess their faith around their peers. Dylan is not only not ashamed of it, he's proud of it and wants to share the 'Good Word' with other kids/people.

If it's His will I hope the Lord keeps blessing him with the athletics and helps him to gain more attention so that he will have an even larger platform from which to share the Word. There aren't many like him out there and we need all we can get in today's world. There are just too many kids that weren't raised with a faithful background. They know nothing about it or they think it's lame. Dylan can change that with a lot of them.
    I'm not the best at it by any means but I concur.

SC has been blessed the last few years with leaders that were very outspoken about their faith...