Thread: IFA Redfish Tours Heads to Georgetown, South Carolina

Default IFA Redfish Tours Heads to Georgetown, South Carolina

There is quite the difference between the IFA Redfish Tour and IFA Kayak Tour payouts!

http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/...284h9sk36syhrm

Just what we need.

Pig red bulls brah
    867-5309

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Reb View Post
    There is quite the difference between the IFA Redfish Tour and IFA Kayak Tour payouts!
    Yes there is, but there's no difference in the quality of fish. The IFA kayak anglers are a hardcore group that put up some serious numbers at all events. Charleston's own Justin Carter won the Championship down in Chalmette, Louisiana. Some of you Summerville boys may know him from the Duck and Dawg or whatever that bar is in Summerville that he bartends at.

The kayak fishing scene is one of the fastest growing sports right now. There are tournament trails popping up all over the country in both fresh and saltwater. Bass Pro Shops is doing some trial events in Iowa and Texas in the very near future. Some of the freshwater events have had some serious payouts. Kayaks and Greenbacks in North Carolina paid out $13,700 this year with $6500 going to first place. That's not to shabby for a plastic boat event! There were 98 anglers registered for the event.

Im fishing the last stop of the Delta Kayak Bass Series next weekend out here in California on the Delta. I'm currenty in 4th place overall and I'm trying to win a fully rigged Jackson Kayak Kilroy worth around $1500 with included accessories. That's in addition to the prizes won at each event.

It's an easy and "relatively" cheap way to enjoy some angling competition at a level that still has some fun and comraderie invovled rather than being so cut throat like a lot of the power boat series have become. The prizes are getting better as the kayak angler numbers grow!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

My brother did that stuff and did well with little. Never could buy into a slot fish tourney if that's what it is.
    You can grow up to be just like me....