Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The State With The Lowest Population

Mollie, Evanston Wyoming is the absolute best place I have ever hunted. Friends uncle has a 12,000 acre cattle ranch over there right on the Wyoming, Utah line. Bear river runs directly through it and the number of Ducks, geese, deer, elk and antelope is absolutely incredible, can't wait to head back out west.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread revival.. Knowing what I know now, Wyoming is awesome, Idaho is boring. Anybody who can't find something to enjoy in wyoming is a flipping idiot, unless of course you want to salt water fish.

On our drive home I watched a truck driver crush a chukar, right on the interstate, the other five got away.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Knowing what I know now, Wyoming is awesome, Idaho is boring. .
    Yep. Miserable state. Never go to Idaho.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Wyoming and Yellowstone in general are a place of vast beauty landscape, but the icon of Wyoming "old faithful" was a mighty disappointment right up there with the Alamo.
    "Blessed is the man... who makes one word grow where two grew before" - Havilah Babcock

You might as well learn that a man who catches fish or shoots game has got to make it fit to eat before he sleeps. Otherwise it’s all a waste and a sin to take it if you can’t use it.” - Robert Ruark

"Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing " -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Thread revival.. Knowing what I know now, Wyoming is awesome, Idaho is boring.
    It's only boring if you spend too much time snapchatting.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I can call just about anywhere home. I could survive there, but I'd talk to myself a lot. It's too far from salt water for my liking. Nice place to visit though.
    Last edited by willyworm; 07-27-2014 at 10:46 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

The wind will drive you nuts. 120 days per year of 40mph winds; it never stops. Lived in Cheyenne for 4 years wouldn't go back; however North Dakota is different story.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Friend of mine lives in Jackson in the Jackson Hole Valley. He's a wildlife photographer, author and hunting guide. He's been after me for years to come for a visit and shoot a bear, elk or speed goat. The speed goat is the only one that interests me.

I'll probably make the trip next year but I can't make up my mind when to go cause I'm dying to fish for the native trout out there. I can hunt here, but no where around here can I get into the fish like out there. Decisions.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 07-29-2014 at 12:24 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I fly out tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    Friend of mine lives in Jackson in the Jackson Hole Valley. He's a wildlife photographer, author and hunting guide. He's been after me for years to come for a visit and shoot a bear, elk or speed goat. The speed goat is the only one that interests me.

I'll probably make the trip next year but I can't make up my mind when to go cause I'm dying to fish for the native trout out there. I can hunt here, but no where around here can I get into the fish like out there. Decisions.
    Why don't you want to shoot an elk? Are you loosing your mind a little?
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Speaking of my friend here's an e-book he just released. Click on the book and read the intro to the story. It's quite good.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Apparition-Lake-Daniel-D-Lamoreux-ebook/dp/B00LBSDE5S/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&qid=1406564461&sr=8-22&keywords=creativia[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict View Post
    Why don't you want to shoot an elk? Are you loosing your mind a little?
    They just never interested me. To me they are just an 800lb deer. I've never cared to shoot a bear either. They are just a big hairy hog.

The only two animals out West I have ever cared to take are the pronghorn and a bull buffalo. The buffalo I would want to take with a bow, but I would have to use a crossbow because of a bad shoulder that prevents me from practicing with a compound or recurve.

The only way an elk would interest me is calling it in real close with a mouth call like a turkey and taking it with a crossbow.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."