Thread: Fishing logs

Default Fishing logs

Seems like a good idea? Anybody keep one up to date on a pretty regular basis? what do y'all put in it besides time, date, tide, weather, and bait used?
    Last edited by Fireman; 07-24-2014 at 11:01 AM.

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

hat color
    You can grow up to be just like me....

Water temp. I don't keep a fishing log though

I do it hunting and fishing. Kind of fun to look back at...

I've kept one for right at 12 years. Mostly freshwater, and about 6 different targeted species. I have four or five of them that are filled up. Mine have become as much a journal as a log. I always include.... who I am with, time, date, location, air temp and water temp, moon phase, total # of fish (proximity), what baits were used, water clarity, cloud cover, ratio of big fish to small fish, location on particular body of water, and then a general synopsis of the day. I would not trade my log books for the world. I learn far more from the unproductive days than the great ones.
    Last edited by ersepton; 07-24-2014 at 11:15 AM.

add barometric pressure to the list
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

i use to. Bottom fishing I look at the moon, full moon means AJ's, small ground fish and sharks more than anything. Anything else, they chew anything you get to the bottom. More about location than anything.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

How about log the times I wanted to go, but could not. Then get to see just what I missed due to text, pictures, and internet.