Thread: Playa Del Carmen

Default Playa Del Carmen

Anyone ever done any fishing down there? Heading down in two weeks for a wedding and have 1/2 a free day.
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973

I fished it a few months ago. Slow when I was there but saw some pics of some previous successes. Wasabi loco charters are legit
    "It is here we return to childhood pleasures, like playing in mud and water, hiding in secret forts of our own design, and were we can shoot guns and play with puppies to our heart's content."

Quote Originally Posted by Strauss View Post
    I fished it a few months ago. Slow when I was there but saw some pics of some previous successes. Wasabi loco charters are legit
    Thanks, I just checked out their website.
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973

1/2 day might make for a pretty solid inshore day. We hammered the mangrove snapper on topwater and small tarpon in March about two hours north of there. From what I read when researching you should be able to get on some down there too.
    Last edited by scdiver; 05-31-2014 at 01:46 AM.

Hop the first ferry over to Cozumel and bonefish. Guide will pick you up and drop you off at ferry terminal.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Went about 5 years ago with Capt Ricks guide service..has a ton of boats, all different sizes and for all different species. We caught 5 or 6 dolphin around 20lbs each, some barracuda, a sail and a white marlin when we went. Easy people to deal with and a capt and mate that spoke good enough english.