Thread: VENISON HASH

RugerAnnie Coots

Venison Hash

Venison (neck, shoulder, not choice cuts)
    onions, worcestershire sauce, bacon, salt and pepper

Put meat in large pot. Cover with water and cook until meat falls off bone. Remove from pot and shred meat real fine. Put in 9 x 12 inch pan and dice onions over meat and douse with Worcestershire sauce. Mix all together and spread evenly in pan. Put single strips of bacon across top of meat and bake at 375 degrees until bacon is done. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Yes ma'am, that sounds good.

If I might be so bold to share, I have a slight variation on that theme. In it you would use sage, and lots of it instead of the worchestershire sauce. Put the meat in a pressure cooker to speed things along. Let it cool, shred it up, add all the sage you have in the house, lots of pepper, some salt and bacon grease less the bacon.

Bacon and snakes! God dang it...they'll be the friggin end of me I'm tellin ya! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

How about instead if bacon throw a little pork roast in there and cook down with the deer. PORK FAT RULES!!! I'm feelin ya on the sage. I like a little vinegar and mustard in mine.
    I'm just proud to be here.

That sounds real good. Thanks RA.
    There comes a time in a man\'s life when he is either going to go fishing...or do something much worse.