Thread: New Project

SCTIMBER Coots

Gonna get started on my new project pretty soon, pics to follow

New Camo (thinking bout' Mossy Oak Shadow Grass, or Max 4) Camo Clad or Paint> Probably paint but undecided yet.

New Trolling Motor, and foot feet, re-rig trailer, wouldn't mind mounting some kind of spotlight/qbeam to the front

sctimber, this is what I have. But mine does not have anything.Do you think that the manufacter will be able to help me? thanks for the photos. I would like a closer look at that trolling motor set up, and foot feet. thank you KM

Timber, you are going to like hunting out of that. I have been hunting out of mine for 3 years now, and you can get really close to the ducks.

how much did u get that little set up for?
    "Pass it on in the name of Conservation"-Tracy Byrd

SCTIMBER Coots

kmduckhead > Yeah the guys in Pelion should be able to hook you up with the foot feet and motor mounts and all, I'll try to post some more pics of the interior and mount. I pulled the motor off in hopes of replacing it and the braket (hinge) on the back. More pics to come

Froggyo, yeah I think I'll enjoy hunting out of it, I've done some fishing in it and its very stable and I can stand up and pole it around or take a leak with no worries. I like the manueverability of it also, I can turn it around or run in very shallow water easily. Would love to see some more pics of your boats, saw the one in the Trader forum but couldn't tell a whole lot about it, looked good though.

dcmbsc, the boat was a gift from my uncle, he rarely used it anymore hence the 1995 tag on it, he bought it back in the 80's when they were fairly cheap, new one goes for around $1500 today. Jet ski trailer was given to me by my cousin down in Manning. He was driving a little manual Nissan pickup and came home one morning and parked it and went in the house. When he came back out the truck had jumped out of gear and rolled down the driveway right onto his jetski and into the water. Insurance paid for a new jetski and trailer and he didn't need that one anymore So I ain't got nothing in them cept a trip to Murrells Inlet and Manning

man that sux about the jet ski lol

u wanna sell it as is and help me out lol

SCTIMBER Coots

this happened a while back, I don't know what he did with it, I think it was damaged beyond repair.

Timber,

One idea I have been tinkering with is taking a jet ski motor and engineering it into a little 12-14' jon boat...It would be a hell of a go any damned where contraption. If you can get your hands on it...
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

SCTIMBER Coots

I'll try to find out what he did with it, that would be an interesting rig

i saw some plans on the net somewhere about that , i ll try and find it

Originally posted by BigBrother:
    Timber,

One idea I have been tinkering with is taking a jet ski motor and engineering it into a little 12-14' jon boat...It would be a hell of a go any damned where contraption. If you can get your hands on it...
    Might wanna further research that before you go spending any money on it. Jet Ski intakes like CLEAN water...

SCTIMBER, you in Lake View? I saw one of those being pulled through town the other day and wanted to take a closer look but I was waiting on lunch. I would like to take a look at that boat one day if you dont mind.
    McKee Craft 196CC Yammy f150

sctimber, I did give them boys a call. Thanks for the info, and pics. I don't have any on mine just yet. I think I can rig up a trolling motor/steering contraption? I am waiting for warm weather to see how she floats. thanks agin for your help,and send more pics. km

whats the number and / or name of the folks is pelion? is that the sneak co.? thanks in advance.

That's a cool "sneaker". Go for the paint with stencils. You'll be pissed if the camo clad ever starts to peel.
    When I was younger I always used to hear that practice makes perfect. Later I heard that nobody's perfect. So, I just stopped practicing.