Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yamaha warranty work?

But I read on scducks that Yamaha's don't break????

Triple I'm off thurs and fri next week
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

Quote Originally Posted by CantCareSB View Post
    Triple I'm off thurs and fri next week
    I'm free after lunch Thursday, but Friday morning might be doable til 12. We'll talk later. I hope they get you back on the water soon.

triple, mine will adapt and overcome. If not, i'll probably buy a new one that will
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Phoneman I fished out of my old mud boat all the time! If your free and want to go thurs or fri hit me up.
    "If its better than cold beer and hot pussy it'll probably kill us all" ~ Rebel Son

Just got off the phone with the place that's doing the work. They are pulling the head and taking pictures to send to yamaha, so that yamaha can give them the ok to do the work. Does this sound right?

Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    But I read on scducks that Yamaha's don't break????

Oh they break, just not as much.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by CantCareSB View Post
    Just got off the phone with the place that's doing the work. They are pulling the head and taking pictures to send to yamaha, so that yamaha can give them the ok to do the work. Does this sound right?
    Sounds like they may be putting "Fast Cash" in front of you. Also, most places that are worth a damn are backed up with repairs this time of year.

If it is warranty work this time of year, chances are you are going to the back of the line. Yamaha, Merc, and Honda under pay on the hours and parts. Shops barely break even on any type of warranty work.

Did you buy the motor at the place doing the work? If not, you may be waiting even longer.

I can tell you how it works most of the time in the shop at our marina. You bring in a boat or motor that you bought at another dealer, you can damn well take it back to them for warranty work. They don't have a shop? We'll get to it around Octodecefebrember, maybe.
    I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what they had to teach; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. Henry David Thoreau, WALDEN