Thread: Lift/level

Default Lift/level

KRT what kind of lift/level kits are you putting on the new F150?
    Anyone else out there that has leveled one did you put an add-a-leaf on as well?
    In the morning be first up, and in the evening last to go to bed, for they that sleep catch no fish. ><)))*>

To me, I think that if you want it level, just put the front on. That removes the factory rake and levels out the truck. The add-a-leaf puts the rake back in and you are back to your un-level starting point, except with a little more overall height.

That's what I've got in mind to do I just don't want the truck to look like it's squatting. Just curious what others have done.
    In the morning be first up, and in the evening last to go to bed, for they that sleep catch no fish. ><)))*>

I went with a two inch leveling kit and uped my tires to 285's on my 2011 ecoboost. It cost me 5mpg though. Looks great but I won't do it again.
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

They are different height leveling kits available.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

A good friend of mine has a f150 king ranch with a 2" rough country leveling kit. He's running 35" trail grapplers on factory wheels. It looks good!

It wont look like its squatting with a leveling kit.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Not a Ford, but I'm driving a new body Silverado crew w 2 inch level and running 275 tires. I drove 350-375 miles today and averaged about 19.3 mpg
    Go Tigers!!!

I would love to see some pictures of the newer F-150's leveled in the front. I have been contemplating doing my 2013 Crew but don't won't to mess up my mpg's. I'm happy with 19-21 daily and don't won't to upset the apple cart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghetto View Post
    A larger caliber will help you with your deer kills. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I agree with timber22

Quote Originally Posted by mudeagle View Post
    I went with a two inch leveling kit and uped my tires to 285's on my 2011 ecoboost. It cost me 5mpg though. Looks great but I won't do it again.
    Did you recalibrate the computer to allow for the bigger tires? Bigger tires means less rotation so the computer doesnt think you traveled as far as you actually did. If you did then that sucks!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Got a set of 33's ordered to go on it.
    Last edited by Duck Fool; 03-28-2014 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckkiller View Post
    Not a Ford, but I'm driving a new body Silverado crew w 2 inch level and running 275 tires. I drove 350-375 miles today and averaged about 19.3 mpg
    Yeh me too. I got the 2.25 ready lift and 275's. I love it. Now I wish I had got one size bigger tires but I'm happy with the 275's. They didn't hurt my mileage at all. And as a matter of fact I think My truck drives better now.

Rough Country, Pro-Comp, Top Gun Customz, or Hell Bent Steel.... All good choices.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Pay somebody to put it in...Pro tip. I decided to try and save money for tires, by installing my own leveling kit. If I ever do it again, I will be watching somebody cuss my truck. On a different note, my 06' Tundra has a 2.5" leveling kit and 285's and it sits quite nicely. No rake, no squat.

2" level kit on a 2013 Ecoboost F150. Factory tires still. Mileage took a beating! Like 3-4 mpg worse! Air upset?

I had the 2.5"kit which was fine ifyou were not towing a heavy trailer. Then needed new shocks and got Bilstein 5100 Ride Height Adjustable Shocks on the front and Standard 5100 in the rear. Set at 1-3/4", just a small about of rake left in it. I pull a tandem trailer with a tractor and implements and it squated to much for me. 1-3/4" is about perfect without blocks or add-a-leaf springs.

http://www.bilsteinus.com/fileadmin/...WebArticle.pdf
    Last edited by Civil-Cock; 04-01-2014 at 11:37 AM.