Thread: Want as much info as yall can provide!!!!!

I have a 1997 yamaha v4 115 outboard and the water pump went out i want to know how hard it will be for me to change it and the cost for me to buy it and if there is any way i can get a site were i can get a pictorial or info etc, all the info that you boys can offer will be greatly appreciated thanks

Maybe $70 or so for a repair kit. Should be able to do it by just dropping the foot and going at it.

I'd buy the Clymers (Chiltons for boats) book and have a go rather than spending $$$ on a tech to do it. If you hit a rut you can always return the part and have a pro jump on it. The book will give you the pics and steps.
    \"My idea of fast food is a mallard.\"- Ted Nugent

go to iboats.com, it's a great place to get info about any kind of boat repair.

Your public library probably has a Clymer book for your boat.

if it is a 1997, used in saltwater and the lower unit has never been removed- you might not be able to get the foot off at all. you might want to take it to a pro. sometimes thay can't get them loose.
    if you do it yourself and you get it loose be sure to but grease or anti sieze on all the bolts when you put it back together.
    in the past i have replaced them on my yamaha motors. for most models you can buy just the impeller(sp?) or a complete water pump kit. get the kit it replaces all the wear items. it is pretty simple. the big question is will it come off?