Thread: Hunting kayak

Default Hunting kayak

Been looking for a kayak to better suit the shallow grass waterways of south florida than my outboard. Will also fish out of flamingo/ keys as well.

Anyone know about this one Diablo Adios
    Last edited by 803; 12-23-2013 at 05:15 PM.
    "Blessed is the man... who makes one word grow where two grew before" - Havilah Babcock

You might as well learn that a man who catches fish or shoots game has got to make it fit to eat before he sleeps. Otherwise it’s all a waste and a sin to take it if you can’t use it.” - Robert Ruark

"Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing " -Benjamin Franklin

Diablo Adios. The guy in the pic is Pepi Vidal from South Florida. He fishes a lot of the kayak tournaments down there.

Those boats are awesome as a stand up fishing platform. Make sure you get the optional Larry Chair with it for the most comfort! Also, if you plan on paddling any distance (2 miles or more) also get the rudder for the rear. It's not a true functioning rudder for stearage. They call it The Skeg and it greatly improves tracking of the hull.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

You edited while I was typing! I have several friends that are on the companies Pro Staff. Ryan Conner and Judd Miller (also part owner of Slayer Lure Inc). I've fished many a tournament against those guys as seen them do work on their Diablos! Also a friend of mine, Kevin Larissy bought one and has an impressive pic that Ill find and post. They all love them. Great fit and finish! Not the best paddling due to its hybrid design but a phenomenal fishing yak!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Thanks!
    "Blessed is the man... who makes one word grow where two grew before" - Havilah Babcock

You might as well learn that a man who catches fish or shoots game has got to make it fit to eat before he sleeps. Otherwise it’s all a waste and a sin to take it if you can’t use it.” - Robert Ruark

"Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing " -Benjamin Franklin